Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Gun Safes - A Cat and E Cat

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar

Gun Safes - A Cat and E Cat

Sentry Gun Safes are one of the best (if not the best) brands there is in the market; now we can offer you gun Safes for A Cat and E Cat firearms, in sizes ranging from 5 guns to 36 guns

Free Delivery Nationwide

Gun Safes - Save with us A and E Cat

Here is a picture of the 36 Gun Version

Name:  gs3659e_a.jpg
Views: 3953
Size:  19.3 KB

Impure Lead Flinger
    Im wanting the 14 gun fireproof version.... Can you better this price?
    Gun Safes and Racks- Hunting and Outdoor Supplies

How long to get it to me????

Check with them that they actually have that safe and will sell for that price.
    That stores website is well known around here for being out of date both stock wise and price wise.

There is a big safe shipment due into NZ in @3weeks form sentry last time I checked .

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Ruin View Post
    Check with them that they actually have that safe and will sell for that price.
    That stores website is well known around here for being out of date both stock wise and price wise.

There is a big safe shipment due into NZ in @3weeks form sentry last time I checked .
    I agree, it's chicken shit that they can take your order and then add to a shipment, "in stock" seems to be a bonus these days.
    Machete don't text!
    (.)(.) = :-)))

Impure Lead Flinger
    HUH!!!!!

This isnt about hunting and outdoors crap service lol...

THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS WITH FAREGAME!!!!!!!!

Those safes are brought in as container fillers when the importer brings in a rifle order.
    The amount of rifles will not fill a shipping container fully so the safes take up the free space. Pity as they are really good.

Shipping big heavy empty boxes around the world costs a lot .

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Ruin View Post
    Those safes are brought in as container fillers when the importer brings in a rifle order.
    The amount of rifles will not fill a shipping container fully so the safes take up the free space. Pity as they are really good.

Shipping big heavy empty boxes around the world costs a lot .
    I dont really care about the logistics either I just want FAREGAME to sell me one
    faregame and Dougie like this.

yep they are available now (via us anyway)- both the A and E 14 gun versions

Issue is they weigh a lot (300 kgs for a 36) so they aren't simple to move - can't move on the price, the freight costs a lot to the west coast

The bigger ones tend to have to be pre ordered - as they sell out (not huge numbers, but they take a lot of space)

Baz
    Just got a G2459E Sentry safe, sold as an E Cat safe. This is bull shit as the arms officer has said it is nowhere near meeting the E Cat safe requirements. 3mm walls, floor is flimsy, can fit a crow bar in the door jamb gap, only 3 locking bolts, none top and bottom.

???

The arms officer is on the case about these safes being sold as B, E and C when they do not meet requirements. (or any where near them)

At the end of the day, the licence holder of the firearms in the not so E cat safe is the one that gets done for inadequate security!

While im at it, It came from H+F waikato, they fucken well knew the safes weren't up to standard. But still LIST and SELL them as endorsement compliant safes.

SiB
    Fair Trading Act says an item sold for a specific use must be "fit for purpose". Looks like someone should be having a serious discussion if the above is the case . . . .

Baz
    Ok, I will take back what I have said. Spoke to Chris at Outdoor Brands, with sales of 700 odd Sentry safes he said they are good to go. I just wasn't given a copy of the Engineers cert to say so......

I apologize for having a rant. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Just got a G2459E Sentry safe, sold as an E Cat safe. This is bull shit as the arms officer has said it is nowhere near meeting the E Cat safe requirements. 3mm walls, floor is flimsy, can fit a crow bar in the door jamb gap, only 3 locking bolts, none top and bottom.

???

The arms officer is on the case about these safes being sold as B, E and C when they do not meet requirements. (or any where near them)

At the end of the day, the licence holder of the firearms in the not so E cat safe is the one that gets done for inadequate security!

While im at it, It came from H+F waikato, they fucken well knew the safes weren't up to standard. But still LIST and SELL them as endorsement compliant safes.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Ok, I will take back what I have said. Spoke to Chris at Outdoor Brands, with sales of 700 odd Sentry safes he said they are good to go. I just wasn't given a copy of the Engineers cert to say so......

I apologize for having a rant. Cheers
    Yes they are hardened steel or something making them pass E from memory. that is what I have had for a good few years now... Some AO's do question it but with the bit of paper its all good, Mine was the firesafe version so is even heavier that the std
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

Because people cant stay on topic. Safe for sale turns to police politics, turns to HnF, turns to how to drive a front end loader.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast