Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Aftermarket R93 and R8 Barrels – Major Safety Concerns

R93
    Spanners, What do you mean a wildcat cal has no specs? Blaser make 7mm and 300 blaser magnums.
    You are in or about to be in the process of manufacturing projectiles for public sale are you not? A mistake in that process can result in a very similar outcome no? What formal training outside of your back yard have you had and what do you have in place to cover a possible fuck up?

Every major firearms manufacturer has had shit go wrong. This is imo no different. If the fabricator has been given a chance to remedy his work and has not, then fine, name and shame. Until then it was imo, a bullshit stunt wrapped in a safety message.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Primary extraction as a quote is understood by very few, and it seems that many also struggle with the basics of headspace
    Basics of gunsmithing I would have thought. Or was I wrong to mention them because no one knows what they mean?

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Spanners, What do you mean a wildcat cal has no specs? Blaser make 7mm and 300 blaser magnums.
    You are in or about to be in the process of manufactuering projectiles for public sale are you not? A mistake in that process can result in a very similar outcome no? What formal training outside of your back yard have you had and what do you have in place to cover a possible fuck up?

Every major firearms manufactuer has had shit go wrong. This is imo no different. If the fabricator has been given a chance to remedy his work and has not, then fine, name and shame. Until then it was imo, a bullshit stunt wrapped in a safety message.
    I'm reading from my ph and may have missed something but says 300 mag necked to 7mm wildcat?

Yes proj mfg
    More so assembly possibly , using the same tooling, machines, processes and components that have been in the industry for 50? Yrs and used by all the big name manufacturers.
    The reason I have to wait 2 yrs for gear is because Berger and likes get priority.
    It's near on impossible to get something soft out of a swage die the wrong size, the laws of physics dictate that.
    And the result would be far from the same... If you want to try putting .308 through a .243 hole then that's your deal, but if you can provide a scenario in which what I am doing could be equated to the topic at hand then I'm all ears.

It's not about a major firearms mfg having a hiccup , it sounds by what's being discussed, someone coping a major mfgs design with no idea of what's actually in the design, proof testing or otherwise and a safety issue from what's being described.
    I know know who's gun or whatever is the deal but end of the day we have the rifles agent/rep here telling is there is an issue.
    Are you saying there isn't one and its all lies, because if you're not im not sure what's going on...

Basics of gunsmithing I would have thought. Or was I wrong to mention them because no one knows what they mean?
    Yes the basics and as I said, many don't actually 'get it'

R93
    No I am not saying it is not an issue. I just want to know the cause before pointing any fingers. You have made your mind up it seems, so I will leave you to it.

No I am not saying it is not an issue. I just want to know the cause before pointing any fingers. You have made your mind up it seems, so I will leave you to it.
    No fingers pointed other than the original post here
    2 sides to every story, and 1 side laid out in black and white and the other nothing more than hearsay and perhaps some that know more than they are letting on

Tahrs post is about spot on really

R93
    Whatever. You wouldnt have an alternate agenda would you?
    I do not know anymore than what has been written on here either. If it is an overload, it makes the original post almost, defamatory. Running to the agent, in my minds stinks and is suspicious.

All I am saying is an actual cause had to be found before going public, not speculation. IMHO I am inclined to think it is of no fault of the fabricator knowing what I know of the cal and rifle design.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Sucks for PR,.
    Not if your not named.

Don't see how it is defamatory R93?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Ask Fonterra about that one. You go public, then you figure out the issue. Sucks for PR, but not as bad as a dead customer.
    Totally agree Tim. But is this not different in the fact you can overload any make of firearm and end up with the same result? The aftermarket barrel is being blamed here. The damage has been done now anyway.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Not if your not named.

Don't see how it is defamatory R93?
    When it comes out in the wash Cam................It will be either defamatory or accurate.
    As I said, the damage either way, has been done now.

L.R
    Yes but this is like if it were Nestle breaking the news about Fonterra possibly having botulism in their product.

I have know idea who owns the barrel in question Tussock and I also am only assuming who built it so I have no association with that barrel what so ever.
    I have had a bit to do with making aftermarket Blaser barrels, and I do know a thing or two about the issues that can arise with them, however I feel that in this case the problem could easily be caused by a simple overloaded round and Stager sports has no idea what the load fired even was. In my mind it seems a little premature to issue a safety warning about a competitors product without knowing even the basic facts.

Having Blasers blowing up all around the place with aftermarket barrels certainly would affect the brand image and as Stager is the agent,
    338 likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Blasers blow up,all the time regardless. I don't see what the issue is really.
    BRADS likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Or course there are always 2 sides to everything. The price of Blasers is overloaded and dangerous to the wallet. Stager need to take some responsibility for this.
    Spanners and Toby like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Or course there are always 2 sides to everything. The price of Blasers is overloaded and dangerous to the wallet. Stager need to take some responsibility for this.
    Yes there are always two sides to every story.
    I feel sorry for the forum member who brought the gun and almost had a woopsy.
    Surely we should all be thankful that it went to someone very experienced in the industry who new something was wrong,
    If it was built/sold to joe blogs we may be all giving condolences in this thread.
    And a fatality is the last thing the builder, user and any of us want two happen.
    Spanners and muzr257 like this.