Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Another Hunter Killed

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    I like the current campain of holgram images - look from one angle and it's a deer, look from another and it's a guy walking or a hunter sitting having his lunch, there's also one where it's a dude walking out with deer on his back. Quite effective in my opinion.

I have seen them too also a drink one when the car gets smashed
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    i have seen the early morning and evening sun light up the bush blaze orange i have never seen the sun light up the bush blue.
    Not all sunrises and sunsets occur with no cloud and everything conveniently illuminated for you to distinguish colour. This is New Zealand. I refer you to my previous point regarding low light conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Makes sense I guess.
    I also take this back - after thinking about it, powder blue or "peace keeper" blue will appear as grey under LL conditions. In my opinion, in this country if you really want to stick out - your best colour to wear is highlighter pink.
    Last edited by Ryan; 11-01-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Heres a pic from Savage showing the blaze orange in NZ bush, hope you don't mind me sharing as its been on here before but I think its worth showing again.

Help me out here Savage I can't find it now
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Heres a pic from Savage showing the blaze orange in NZ bush, hope you don't mind me sharing as its been on here before but I think its worth showing again.

Help me out here Savage I can't find it now
    Ha ha sorry that could be construed as a fail. I'm sure you'll get away with it somehow ?
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

yep I failed it was leathals photo
    Name:  lethals blaze.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  374.3 KB
    CFD

Not all sunrises and sunsets occur with no cloud and everything conveniently illuminated for you to distinguish colour. This is New Zealand. I refer you to my previous point regarding low light conditions.

I also take this back - after thinking about it, powder blue or "peace keeper" blue will appear as grey under LL conditions. In my opinion, in this country if you really want to stick out - your best colour to wear is highlighter pink.
    if you cant see blue from black in low light conditions do you really think you should even consider pulling the trigger, surely you would not be clearly identifing your target.

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    if you cant see blue from black in low light conditions do you really think you should even consider pulling the trigger, surely you would not be clearly identifing your target.
    Mucko - I'm talking about being visible to other hunters.

I think staying home is the best option.... :rolleyes:
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Mucko - I'm talking about being visible to other hunters.
    EXACTLY MY POINT. BLUE IS A CONTRASTING COLOUR TO THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT. IF YOU CANT SEE IT THEN IT'S TO DARK AND YOU SHOULD NOT BE PULLING THE TRIGGER. IS THERE REALLY ANY OTHER POINT TO BE MADE HERE.

IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU JUST WANT TO WIND PEOPLE UP OR YOUR SAYING YOUR PREPARED TO SHOOT WHEN IT'S TO DARK TO IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET. WHICH IS IT

Not good for me I'm colour blind so would see blue as either green or brown,doh I wouldn't see blue at all? Also cannot see fluorences just plain old orange or green to me. I chase the road workers with my car cause they just don't stand out. Better wear silver or gold I can see that!

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Not good for me I'm colour blind so would see blue as either green or brown,doh I wouldn't see blue at all? Also cannot see fluorences just plain old orange or green to me. I chase the road workers with my car cause they just don't stand out. Better wear silver or gold I can see that!
    INTERSTING POINT. so for you what colour other then gold or silver is best seen in the bush and how do you find the colours on the change of light. obviously you can tell the difference between game and people and you clearly identify your target. it would be good to know your thoughts as most statments seam to be made by those of us not colour blind. as we are all about being safe in the bush.

Maybe being color blind makes us safer. Color is not a tool I use to find fish or deer...makes the job harder for sure. I have to find the animal without that clue...shape, outline and movement while mates watching the same area are drawn to color.

I believe 20% of men are color blind in some degree? I'm profoundly color blind but see blue well.
    mucko likes this.

Does anyone here actually wear a full suit of the same colour though? Like Fisherman said, colour is only one of many tools to identify an object. Trees are brown, so are deer. Nobody sits out in the bush and shoots everything brown until one happens to be a deer and not a tree, that would be ridiculous.

It seems these days it's your mate that is hunting with you that is out to shoot you, so why not ask him if he is colour blind before you leave and dress to suit....blaze shirt with peacekeeper hat or Maca's favorite, gold and silver gimp suit.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    And don't forget the Liberace sequins Dougie.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms