Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Spudattack
  • 2 Post By Tommy

Thread: Anyone tried putting shelves in their safe?

Anyone tried putting shelves in their safe?

My tall E-cat safe will entirely contain handguns. I've been thinking about the best way to have shelves... or perhaps some other method of arranging them. Thoughts?

I've seen fabric and velcro hanging off the door with pockets for pistols to sling into or if you have the cases stack em up

Best setup sighted so far (sorry no pics) is done with coated wire like a shoe rack where the wires are bent up at a 45 degree angle and wrapped in soft fabric so as to go up the muzzle about 50mm or so - when you open the safe they are all there presented to you

Rwt
    I did something similar one of my safes for ammo storage. Just cut bits of ply/particle board to the right size and then separated them with some 2x2 in each corner. The idea was that each caliber had its own shelf.

Hmm... another thing is that I'm trying to avoid drilling holes through the sides of my nice new safe. Tricky though... I wonder if there are shelves that use tension to hold on.

Rwt
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdeee View Post
    Hmm... another thing is that I'm trying to avoid drilling holes through the sides of my nice new safe. Tricky though... I wonder if there are shelves that use tension to hold on.
    Glue some strong magnets on them to hold everything in place

Yip I welded mine in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

Quote Originally Posted by Rwt View Post
    I did something similar one of my safes for ammo storage. Just cut bits of ply/particle board to the right size and then separated them with some 2x2 in each corner. The idea was that each caliber had its own shelf.
    I did the same, I just made some sides out of ply with lugs for the shelves to sit on, the shelves then just drop in and once seated hold the ply sides against the side of the safe so no holes or welding.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk
    dogmatix, Survy and Beaker like this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by mcdeee View Post
    Glue...

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    I did the same, I just made some sides out of ply with lugs for the shelves to sit on, the shelves then just drop in and once seated hold the ply sides against the side of the safe so no holes or welding.
    Ah, now why didn't I think of this. I might build something similar

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    is done with coated wire like a shoe rack where the wires are bent up at a 45 degree angle and wrapped in soft fabric so as to go up the muzzle about 50mm or so - when you open the safe they are all there presented to you
    Could use a layer or two of heatshrink to provide a soft coating on the bits that go into barrel
    dogmatix and 308 like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

You might currently think you only want pistols... why you think you don't want scary assault rifles?

You know what they say.... por que no los dos?