Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: ARMS OFFICE NEWSLETTER WAIKATO DISTRICT

ebf
    Sydney, mate - I think you read WAAAY too much into my posts

Why don't we wait and see if there are some clear, no bullshit responses, or if it is going to be the same clever wording and legal semantics right ?

We live in a democracy. People are entitled to their views, and we have the luxury of deciding if we agree with them or not. Personally, I place a high value on the character of the people behind an organisation, and the tactics they choose to employ...
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

So clearly I misunderstood ... your weren't shit stirring after all...

I understand that you have a problem with people being clever... and you clearly have no understanding that legal issues are ALL about semantics..... if you can't cope with either cleverness or legal semetics... this may not be the debate for you...

R93
    Back on topic a bit. ( Cheeky of me) We moved not long ago and of course had my security checked. I was here in Oz when it was done but the copper asked my wife to ask me, if I wanted to keep my E endorsment. (I dont own any E cat firearms at the moment)
    It costs nothing to keep it so I am curious as to why he would ask if I wanted to remain endorsed. I needed it for my previous job and will no doubt need it again when I go back to it.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Interesting R93, he shouldn't even discuss that with your wife, I'd be pissed as I see that as a sly way to have it surrendered

Yeah, weird? Why would they ask that?

I'm in no way up to speed with all of this NSA vs the people or whatever the heck it is, but I am genuinely bummed that unless I get a job as a culler, I won't be able to get an E cat any time soon? (I won lotto, you see )

Why am I fit and proper enough to own a bolt action and kill things slowly but not fit and properererererr enough to get a cool MSSA? Will suddenly owning an AR15 mean I will grow an urge to gun down an entire high school? I don't quite understand the logic.

Apologies if that isn't really what all of this is about. Please help me out
    FletchNZ likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

I think it is policy to revoke endorsements if you cannot demonstrate an immediate need for it

Your attachment to the army makes you a professional culler Dougie
    ishoot10s, Dougie and Scouser like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I think it is policy to revoke endorsements if you cannot demonstrate an immediate need for it
    I think your right, there seems to be an underlying intention to reduce licences or downgrade cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Rogee gotcha, thanks

EDIT - PS that sucks..
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    There is an absurdity to the approach being taken. If you had your class 4 drivers license but no longer made a living driving long haul you wouldn't be asked if you still wanted to have the class 4 endorsement just because you advised of a change to a new address.
    veitnamcam, Dougie, Ryan and 1 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

The entire premise of the system is basically stupid so don't be surprised that the details are too

If I wake up one day and any of my A-Cat rifles have become E-Cat, my jim jams will be officially flim flammed. Even more so if I am faced with any of the options put forward in that letter.

Interestingly, I'd wager that's the same arms officer that told my mate that the bullpup SKS stock he wanted (which is the most space-aged baby-killing E-Cat looking thing ever) was "awesome, really good to use, definitely A-cat".

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    I'm in no way up to speed with all of this NSA vs the people or whatever the heck it is, but I am genuinely bummed that unless I get a job as a culler, I won't be able to get an E cat any time soon? (I won lotto, you see )
    Dougie, culling is not the only acceptable route to get E cat. As per the original letter that started this thread:

To get an E endorsement for an MSSA - you must provide good reason such as proof of being a professional 'culler', or of belonging to a club/organization that participates in regular shooting events with MSSA guns.

Pretty much the exact same regime that has been used for pistols for several years now...
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Dougie, culling is not the only acceptable route to get E cat. As per the original letter that started this thread:

To get an E endorsement for an MSSA - you must provide good reason such as proof of being a professional 'culler', or of belonging to a club/organization that participates in regular shooting events with MSSA guns.

Pretty much the exact same regime that has been used for pistols for several years now...

Which makes it impossible for most people to obtain. There is no way I could get the time/money to attend a club shoot minimum 12 times a year.
    If pistols are not relegated to museums by the time the kids leave home I might get there then.
    If I wanted to shoot bunnys/goats/deer etc with a mssa(which is not illegal unlike pistols) why should I have to attend club shoots I may not even enjoy just to own it?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Which makes it impossible for most people to obtain. There is no way I could get the time/money to attend a club shoot minimum 12 times a year.
    If pistols are not relegated to museums by the time the kids leave home I might get there then.
    If I wanted to shoot bunnys/goats/deer etc with a mssa(which is not illegal unlike pistols) why should I have to attend club shoots I may not even enjoy just to own it?
    You don't, after the last fiasco they had to accept hunting as a legit reason however much they hated it (well for a while). Once you have your E there are no mandatory club shoots to attend as far as I am aware.
    Had my E for 15 years.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.