Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Campbell Live Tonight

Campbell Live Tonight

On Campbell Live tonight they are looking at hunting safety in New Zealand.

Whena Owen speaks to the family of Adam Hill, the man tragically killed by a fellow hunter who has been charged with careless use of a fire arm.

And we look at an innovation aimed at preventing the preventable – a development by two keen hunters which could revolutionise hunting safety.
    Pengy likes this.

Ok for those of you who watched this, what do you think the sentence should be? He obviously didn't practice what he preached.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Never saw it. Was the innovation the vest that beeps when a scope gets aimed at it?
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Didn't really have anything to do with the innovation on the vest. Was more on how and what happened regarding the shooting. Sentencing is tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Ok for those of you who watched this, what do you think the sentence should be? He obviously didn't practice what he preached.
    Murder. As should all these cases. Some may say a bit harsh, it's just my opinion.
    Poor bugger had two young daughters
    It must of been rough for his hunting buddy also, two turn around and see your mate blown away.
    Munsey likes this.

Needs to go to jail 5+ years, but looks like he's just going to receive a wet bus ticket (Home Detection).

On Campbell Live tonight they are looking at hunting safety in New Zealand.

Whena Owen speaks to the family of Adam Hill, the man tragically killed by a fellow hunter who has been charged with careless use of a fire arm.

And we look at an innovation aimed at preventing the preventable – a development by two keen hunters which could revolutionise hunting safety.
    I think it would be fair to say, and as bad as it sounds, people will still continue to get shot regardless of what they do to stop it. Whilst people continue to go out hunting with the sole objective of killing the biggest stag in the world, people will still be shot because the idiot shooter believes what he is shooting at is a stag.
    Much the same as no matter what they do re road safety, people still get killed regardless. Even in areas known to be a fatal area.

Whatever processes people try to put in place, people will always try to avoid them. Unfortunately it's human nature for some.

But here's hoping they create some device to stop morons shooting fellow hunters. But it doesn't support much when one of the shooters was an advocate for firearms safety. Doesn't bode well for others as he should have known better.

Never watched Campbell live as I don't like him much. He has his own idea on some things and reports what he thinks rather than what the actual truth is. But hey, that's just my opinion.
    P38, Happy and Tbirdsteve like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevs View Post
    Needs to go to jail 5+ years, but looks like he's just going to receive a wet bus ticket (Home Detection).
    I think jail as a minimum but I think you may be right with home detention.

I think he should have talked to the reporter confessed to being so wrong and so sorry instead of playing the avoidance card and take the punishment like a man instead of a prick ! I think he could have done way better and appeared a shit load more genuine than he did !!
    I didn't like his posture or attitude at all..
    Gibo and Dynastar27 like this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Murder. As should all these cases. Some may say a bit harsh, it's just my opinion.
    Poor bugger had two young daughters
    It must of been rough for his hunting buddy also, two turn around and see your mate blown away.
    Yeap I agree, his hunting buddy let out a couple of whistles to identify themselves, a life was taken, nothing will ever bring him back.

He cannot and should not get away with just a slap on the hand, police have told the family be prepared he may only get home detention.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    I think he should have talked to the reporter confessed to being so wrong and so sorry instead of playing the avoidance card and take the punishment like a man instead of a prick ! I think he could have done way better and appeared a shit load more genuine than he did !!
    I didn't like his posture or attitude at all..
    True he didn't seem too remorseful or sorry to me, he didn't even have the guts to say sorry to the family, he has never contacted them

Yeap I agree, his hunting buddy let out a couple of whistles to identify themselves, a life was taken, nothing will ever bring him back.

He cannot and should not get away with just a slap on the hand, police have told the family be prepared he may only get home detention.
    Jack I'm afraid the whistle may well have not been heard. I have yelled my lungs out and whistled real loud at a mate heading way wrong way from the animal he shot and an hour later he swore he never heard a thing when he finally came back. Bush absorbs sound. Shepards whistles and all and I consider mine to be bloody loud !
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

I think he should be done for manslaughter. Sad, it is but the dude did not id his target. Not only that but the guy that was shot was wearing a high viz top. He was making an effort to be safe.

Electronics are not a fail safe replacement for common sense and using your noodle.
    P38, veitnamcam, ebf and 2 others like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Jail I think . He didn't seem very remorseful even when it happened he was worried about going to jail instead of the real issue the poor guy on the ground
    jack likes this.