Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: CCi stingers

A Better Lover Than A Shooter Ultimitsu's Avatar
    Just my 2 cents, I dont see any point in bothering with stinger. If there is something that HP subs do not kill, try minimag, if minimag still does not kill it, then you are much better off using a 17 hmr. you get much better accuracy, velocity, trajectory, and killing power than stinger for only very little more money. combined withe fact that you new have an excuse to get a new rifle, it cannot get any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimitsu View Post
    Just my 2 cents, I dont see any point in bothering with stinger. If there is something that HP subs do not kill, try minimag, if minimag still does not kill it, then you are much better off using a 17 hmr. you get much better accuracy, velocity, trajectory, and killing power than stinger for only very little more money. combined withe fact that you new have an excuse to get a new rifle, it cannot get any better.
    I already have a very accurate Marlin 22 mag that shoots 30 vmax like a laser. Was just experimenting with different 22 LR rounds, but I usually stick with one type of subs
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

It could be a head space problem, measure the rim thickness of the stingers and ammo that shoots fine and see if there is a difference, the latest match .22Rf's mostly have adjustable headspace ability
    so the rifle can be setup for what ever ammo they are using, If match ammo has inconsistent rim thickness the is not much hope for cheap plinking stuff

I read many years ago that those stingers had actually cracked bolt faces on some rifles, can't remember which though. They are pretty grunty compared most other brands of 22 ammo.