Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Chris Cahill using his jaw again...

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    Funny because one of the members here laid a complaint with the police complaints group said he was no longer a Police Officer so they couldn't hear the complaint.
    Also wrong, they said that he was speaking on behalf of the police association and not on behalf of police therefore;

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    If anybody cares about Australian gun laws, they are currently having a firearm amnesty started because they are concerned about the number of illegal firearms in circulation. Australia has universal registration and for nearly everybody, a ban on the ownership of semi automatic rifles and shotguns, and yet they still have a serious problem with criminal gun ownership. Anyway it was reported that there are 250 million guns in Australia, and most are in criminal hands. See a pattern forming?
    Australia, land of the luty SMG. This is what happens if we ban semi autos, no serial numbers on these.

Name:  lutysmg34553457improguns.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  287.0 KB

NZ shed dwellers and tinkerers are another breed from the aussies, we got guys like Bert Monroe, John Brittan, we literally dominate the americas cup and sailing at the peak of manufacturing tech. I don't thing they should be given a reason to make home made guns. Just keep semi autos legal, it's not worth the trouble of having worse home made shit out there.
    stingray likes this.

Why don't the media ask Cahill to provide data and proof of the absurd and ridiculous claims he makes ?! He lies and the journo's just suck it up and print it.
    There's hardly any, may be you could say no decent investigative journalism left these days.
    Wirehunt, veitnamcam and EeeBees like this.

Beacuse the media want click bait articles. They don't give a shit about facts and integrity.
    Wirehunt, tetawa, stingray and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Beacuse the media want click bait articles. They don't give a shit about facts and integrity.
    Of course not. It takes effort to research and cross-reference material for articles. Much easier to just go for pub lunches routinely and write whatever the editor tells you to write and pretend as if you're an actual journalist. I know this from having worked in the industry for several years.
    stingray and Tommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Of course not. It takes effort to research and cross-reference material for articles. Much easier to just go for pub lunches routinely and write whatever the editor tells you to write and pretend as if you're an actual journalist. I know this from having worked in the industry for several years.
    And the saddest thing is a substantial percentage of the NZ public take this type of media hype as gospel! From your "shock jocks" on the radio to the tripe on TV and printed / internet media it is about ratings and advertising ...the bigger the readership/ following the more they can charge for advertising. Bullshit / drama and death = $$$$.
    Nil durum volenti !!

[QUOTE=tararua;607905]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post

If police spent half as much time chasing meth dealers as they did law abiding gun owners we might get somewhere.
    It is about appearing to do something. Easier to persecute the law abiding public than clear up crime. Having been burgled at home, not impressed. They seemed to attend just to check for the insurance company that you did not do it yourself, going by the line of questioning we experienced.

Not sure what the answer is, except take care of your own home security, and for goodness sake don't over-insure. Have a good look at how much the policy actually WILL pay out: THAT is the amount to insure your contents for. Look in your policy at the section "how we handle your claim".
    308 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    Also wrong, they said that he was speaking on behalf of the police association and not on behalf of police therefore;
    @Jexla, Does the Police Association have its own complaints process then?

[QUOTE=Cordite;610725]
    Quote Originally Posted by tararua View Post

It is about appearing to do something. Easier to persecute the law abiding public than clear up crime. Having been burgled at home, not impressed. They seemed to attend just to check for the insurance company that you did not do it yourself, going by the line of questioning we experienced.

Not sure what the answer is, except take care of your own home security, and for goodness sake don't over-insure. Have a good look at how much the policy actually WILL pay out: THAT is the amount to insure your contents for. Look in your policy at the section "how we handle your claim".
    Fair point but I would say that I have had an experience where the NZ Police were prompt to my burglary and were helpful and worked hard on it

-They said in turn that I made their job easier by being willing to follow through and chase up information

Got the dumb cunt through DNA testing and got a conviction - as Clint says in Dirty Harry , it ain't much of a system but it's all we've got

[QUOTE=308;610760]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post

Fair point but I would say that I have had an experience where the NZ Police were prompt to my burglary and were helpful and worked hard on it

-They said in turn that I made their job easier by being willing to follow through and chase up information

Got the dumb cunt through DNA testing and got a conviction - as Clint says in Dirty Harry , it ain't much of a system but it's all we've got
    They didn't even turn up to any of my three for a look but there was a cop down the end of the street giving some poor prick a ticket for some victimless crime.

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by kidmac42 View Post
    There are a lot of people that don't know much about firearms, except that they are increasingly used by criminals. And when someone makes statements like '2.5 mill of firearms'etc, there will be a lot that will believe that. I've watched peoples reactions when they discover that I hunt and kill animals, some recoil in horror and then spout 'don't shoot my cat!' Wtf!
    Nz has lost itself. In pc-ness for most cases.
    Grassroots knowhow,commonsense and sensible reasoning by those 'powers that be' appears no longer sadly.

If he claims there are 2.5million firearms in New Zealand, I have a question for him. According to the LTSA we currently have approximately 3,200,000 cars in NZ. (About 1.3 times the number of firearms.) If firearms are so prolific, perhaps he would care to explain why the Police are happy when we get Road fatalities down to less that 400 when they should be around 1.3x the number of firearms fatalities, especially seeing as firearms are so much more dangerous than cars.....? That would put the road toll down into double if not single figures for the year......

I know, I know, we use our cars more, drive more Blah blah blah, but firearm licensing is more stringent and proactive, and anyway, that example is still a far more accurate use of statistics that he has ever supplied.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    @Jexla, Does the Police Association have its own complaints process then?
    I mean, you can email them and complain, but they don't give a toss.

Why am I not at all surprised....? How could we expect anything else?

I suppose all there is left is email his boss, and see what she makes of his behaviour.

Name:  0.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  12.1 KB

Our Police are separate from the Government, Paula Bennett has no power to hire or fire Police Officers. I'm not sure how the appointment of the "Head Police Officer" works.
    And as the Police Association (Police Union) is separate from the Police she has no power over them either.