Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Courier

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    45Carrying or possession of firearms, airguns, pistols, restricted weapons, or explosives, except for lawful, proper, and sufficient purpose
    (1)Every person commits an offence and is liable on conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 4 years or to a fine not exceeding $5,000 or to both who, except for some lawful, proper, and sufficient purpose,—
    (a)carries; or
    (b)is in possession of—
    any firearm, airgun, pistol, restricted weapon, or explosive.
    (2)In any prosecution for an offence against subsection (1) in which it is proved that the defendant was carrying or in possession of any firearm, airgun, pistol, restricted weapon, or explosive, as the case may require, the burden of proving the existence of some lawful, proper, and sufficient purpose shall lie on the defendant.

Indeed. Carriage of goods act allows drivers to carry these items as freight. How do you think they get to gunshops to start with?

NZ post are an interesting case. They refused to ship a rifle back to a customer from us and while I was speaking to them over the phone their driver was unloading a shipment of about 24 rifles from a wholesaler to us. We were going to get him to take it with him while he was still there........Go figure.

Limited Quantity Dangerous Goods (LQDG) means things like ammo under 5kg (not 50 as I understand it) do not require a DG license for the courier (or that as mentioned, the couriers all have a DG licence which does not seem likely knowing the couriers here). Either way, Fastways seems to be the way to go.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsav View Post
    I always send my rifles courier post . I told the bimbo at the counter I restore classic /vintage vehicle steering racks/components .... getting a bit embarrassing now as she asks "what sort of car is this one for " ( husband is a car nut ) and I have to keep inventing things , last one was a Aston Martin DB4 rack , so Im into elite stuff
    What happens if a firearm goes missing?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    What happens if a firearm goes missing?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Just played that game. The parcel I lost wasn't very expensive and wasn't a rifle, but they (NZC) are always losing shit and I'd had enough.. Mate (who deals with them all day every day and is used to their games ) reckoned the best way was to tell them the thing's worth hundreds of dollars, can you please have a claims form for the missing package. All of a sudden, after days of 'searching', they actually pull finger, because paying out $20 is easier than actually looking for the bloody parcel, but when you start saying things like "$400 each" and "replacement has to come from Norway" and stuff like that, holy shit did it get found REAL quick, funny that..

When it comes to posting rifles, I've always found Fastways to be way way better than the rest
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    all of a sudden, after days of 'searching', they actually pull finger, because paying out $20 is easier than actually looking for the bloody parcel, but when you start saying things like "$400 each" and "replacement has to come from Norway" and stuff like that, holy shit did it get found REAL quick, funny that..
    thats because NZC dont pay for the missing parcel, the last courier that scans it is responsible for it, and it comes out of there pay packet.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    thats because NZC dont pay for the missing parcel, the last courier that scans it is responsible for it, and it comes out of there pay packet.
    @Glycerine My heart bleeds in that case. Nzc courier **8 is a useless bastard.

I regularly use post haste for sending live fish. Must have sent about eighty times now and never had an issue and that is over night through out nz. Even whangarei to invercargill over night service has been prefect.

Sent from my workbench
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

I had a parcel delivered about 2 months ago rather early in the morning and about an hour after I wandered down to the letter box to find that they had dropped another parcel on the footpath.

The only problem was that they had run over it and there was a lovely tyre mark right down the middle of it.They would have had fun trying to explain how that happened

Be very careful with NZ Couriers have just been through a shit storm with NZ Couriers.
    Had 200 rounds of ammo sent to Taupo from 45 South on forum.
    They redirected parcel to Auckland and would not release it unless a license holder picked ammo up.

Hi ********

As discussed, Courierpost do not carry firearms or bullets as per of our Ts&Cs, copy attached.
    These are classified as dangerous goods.
    Please do not send these via Courierpost again.

Your 4 x boxes of Hornady 223 REM bullets are being held at the following address.
    Please arrange for these to be uplifted ASAP by someone with a firearms licence.

Address and contact person:
    Craig Reiche 09 4144252
    23 Underwood Street
    East Tamaki
    Auckland

Kind Regards
    Shaheen Khan
    Business Manager
    CourierPost | NZ Post Group

D 09 367 9534
    E shaheen.khan@nzpost.co.nz

Level 1, 18 Pukekiwiriki Place, East Tamaki, Auckland.

www.nzpost.co.nz | www.courierpost.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by ariki View Post
    Be very careful with NZ Couriers have just been through a shit storm with NZ Couriers.
    Had 200 rounds of ammo sent to Taupo from 45 South on forum.
    They redirected parcel to Auckland and would not release it unless a license holder picked ammo up.

Hi ********

As discussed, Courierpost do not carry firearms or bullets as per of our Ts&Cs, copy attached.
    These are classified as dangerous goods.
    Please do not send these via Courierpost again.

Your 4 x boxes of Hornady 223 REM bullets are being held at the following address.
    Please arrange for these to be uplifted ASAP by someone with a firearms licence.

Address and contact person:
    Craig Reiche 09 4144252
    23 Underwood Street
    East Tamaki
    Auckland

Kind Regards
    Shaheen Khan
    Business Manager
    CourierPost | NZ Post Group

D 09 367 9534
    E shaheen.khan@nzpost.co.nz

Level 1, 18 Pukekiwiriki Place, East Tamaki, Auckland.

www.nzpost.co.nz | www.courierpost.co.nz
    Umm,

It was Courier Post ( as in NZ Post ) not NZ Couriers. I hope it got to you via Fastways.

To be honest, I don't think the undersized Courier Post bag splitting helped matters......and the Fastways bag I was supplied with wasn't much better.
    I've had no problems sending via NZ Post, by making sure whatever I send is well packaged, and doesn't rattle.

B