Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Couriering weapons?

Couriering weapons?

Quick question, how does one courier ones firearms?

I have a catch 22 situation, I can't have it sent to my work as they are a little sensitive around here (we went into lock down when a staff member walked in with a pick axe!!!). I can't have it sent to my home because I'm not there during the day and I can't have the kids signing for it.

Can you have it sent to a Police station to be picked up, or the courier depot or maybe a sporting store for a nominal fee of course (GC or H&F)?

Rod

If you get it sent to your work you don't have to unwrap the box and wave it around over your head... Just stick it under your desk or whatever until it's time to go home.

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    If you get it sent to your work you don't have to unwrap the box and wave it around over your head... Just stick it under your desk or whatever until it's time to go home.
    Exactly, or send it to your friendly local firearms store and pick it up after work, or send it to your mates place/work (if he has a FAL)

I think Hunting and Fishing actually offer some sort of shop to shop courier deal.

In your situation I would just use "Hunting and fishing". I have used them in the past when I have been overseas and would not be at my house for a few weeks.

Just have the weapon taken in to them and they should have old rifle boxs laying around to get it wrapped up etc, they can then send it to another Hunting and fishing store for you to pick up, Job done.

Last few rifles have only cost $20 for packaging and sending.
    steven likes this.
    "Professionals are predictable but the world is full of dangerous amateurs"

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post

I have a catch 22 situation, I can't have it sent to my work as they are a little sensitive around here (we went into lock down when a staff member walked in with a pick axe!!!). I can't have it sent to my home because I'm not there during the day and I can't have the kids signing for it.

Can you have it sent to a Police station to be picked up, or the courier depot or maybe a sporting store for a nominal fee of course (GC or H&F)?

Rod
    Mate if you're in a bind - pm me and you can have it couriered to my work central Wgtn.
    Guys here don't turn a blind eye, I've done a wee bit of wheeling and dealing so they have seen a few!
    gadgetman, Tommy and Roddy like this.

Ejected
    Fastways is the only courier company that deals with firearms. I just get it sent to the fastways depo with instructions for them to ring me to pick it up to avoid guns being left on my front doorstep.
    Roddy likes this.

use your local hunting & fishing store , they seem happy enough to do this service , buy something while you in there and they be even happier
    Roddy likes this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Whats with the "weapon" label?
    Its a firearm. Or a knife. Or a howitzer.
    Or, for that matter, a baseball bat, a screwdriver.....

(if you figure out how to get a howitzer delivered, let me know. Wouldn't mind one in my front yard)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
    Whats with the "weapon" label?
    Its a firearm. Or a knife. Or a howitzer.
    Or, for that matter, a baseball bat, a screwdriver.....

(if you figure out how to get a howitzer delivered, let me know. Wouldn't mind one in my front yard)
    It is what it is... It is a generic term that people are to PC to use these days...
    Savage1 likes this.
    "Professionals are predictable but the world is full of dangerous amateurs"

Professional Armed Tramper lost's Avatar
    Yup same as my company here, states no firearms to be brought onto work premises.. I just got it couriered to mine but had to signed for. I wasn't home, so just went to the depot to pick it up
    #BallisticFists

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Send it to me, I'll look after it until you find out where I've moved to.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post

Rod
    WINZ huh?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by lost View Post
    Yup same as my company here, states no firearms to be brought onto work premises.. I just got it couriered to mine but had to signed for. I wasn't home, so just went to the depot to pick it up
    Geeze my place is like a gun shop at times, amazing what's floating around at smokos!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    Fastways is the only courier company that deals with firearms. I just get it sent to the fastways depo with instructions for them to ring me to pick it up to avoid guns being left on my front doorstep.
    We use fastways, not because they are the only ones but because as mentioned you can get it sent to the depot and pick it up from them directly.
    steven likes this.

Copshop just fine, say hello to Mike for me
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt