Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Do AO's

I imagine they would revoke your licence because they can't confirm you have a safe way to store the firearms, then they could enter under SAS Act or apply for a warrant.

Could possibly have good cause to suspect from the start but it would be pushing it.

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    The requirements and details of Inspection periods etc and a whole bunch of other instructions for the Police that pertain to licence administration are in the Police Firearms Manual, not to be confused with the Arms Act or Regulations, but to be refered to in addition.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

R93
    AO's can and will, turn up unannounced if you have an E cat. They ask permission but. It has happened to me a couple times. They must think I am shifty
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

one interesting paragraph.
    The computer system has been set up in such a way that each Firearms Licence carries
    an “A” endorsement. This is to enable the recording of sporting long arms when universal
    registration of firearms becomes law.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

@toby, I agree with savage, not as far as I am aware.

Here is the code,

Arms Code (Firearms) | New Zealand Police

On private property as long as you and everyone else are safe it should be fine. The code is aimed at safety so unless some of the 7 rules are being broken....

Blast away...

P38
    I've had a firearms licence since 1981 with "B", "C" & "E" endorsements since the early 90's

I live a couple of ks from the local Police station where the area AO is located.

I've never had a spot inspection.

You fellas who have must be dodgy alright.

But I did have the AO leave a message on my home phone this morning .... seems it's relicencing time for me.

Must school the missus up on what to say when I'm asked to leave the room

Last time she told him I had one gun thingy out in the shed somewhere

After he'd looked in my safe he said to me "She has no abosultely idea whats out here does she". Kinda best for all concerned if we keep it they way too was my reply.

Cheers
    Pete
    sako75, Rich007 and Scouser like this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by madjon_ View Post
    one interesting paragraph.
    The computer system has been set up in such a way that each Firearms Licence carries
    an “A” endorsement. This is to enable the recording of sporting long arms when universal
    registration of firearms becomes law.
    That's real interesting madjon. Been there and done it. Licensed till 10 years after I'm dead and now it's in place go go back to real fucking old school. (That they got rid of)

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    I imagine they would revoke your licence because they can't confirm you have a safe way to store the firearms, then they could enter under SAS Act or apply for a warrant.

Could possibly have good cause to suspect from the start but it would be pushing it.
    I highly doubt that it would stand up in court if you refused to let an officer who showed up on your doorstep do a spot inspection then t hey took that as grounds to revoke your license and search the place anyway. I am not a lawyer but that seems like a gross breach of our freedoms
    Wirehunt likes this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Specifically,
    I'm sure there is/was an actual distance put on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    I'm sure there is/was an actual distance put on this.
    Not in any legislation I've seen. There is the guideline of 'not within 500meters of a track on DoC land' which isn't in the legislation but the Conservation Act allows Hunting Permits to be issued subject to any conditions the director general thinks fit, so if it's a condition if the permit, you're breaking the law if you break that condition.

I don't have a permit in front of me to check what conditions are on it.

Do AO's

A few years back after I changed address I had 2 uniformed cops do a spot inspection
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

Quote Originally Posted by Towely View Post
    Same, and im fucked if any legislation is going to stop me from doing it.
    Guys.....as my 'mentor' Homer Simpson once said......'If Jesus Christ had a gun....he would be alive today!'.........
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

@P38 so they re-interview ppl when you apply for a new licence?

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    @P38 so they re-interview ppl when you apply for a new licence?
    Yep

You have to fill in the re-application forms and submit them with passport photos and a reciept for $126.50 via the AO to the Area Commander for sign off.

On those re-application forms you must nominate all the people who live at your address, next of kin etc and another person "Your Character Witness" who has a firerms licence, is not related and does not live at your address and ahs personally know you for more than two years.

The re-licencing inspector will, Interview you, inspect your security, record the serial numbers of all "B", "C" & "E" cat firearms in your possession (these must match their records or look out) He does not have the right to record the serial numbers of any other firearms you have in your posession but he will ask if he can and hold this information on your behalf for "Insurance Purposes" , Yeah Right!. He will then interview the Adults who live at your address and ask if your a Drunk or a Druggy or Violent or Suffer from depression or have had any Head Injuries etc. They will also interview your Character Witness.

If all goes well a few weeks later a new 10yr licence turns up in the post or the AOS arrives, surrounds the house, negotiates a surrender or storms the house (their choice apparently) with tear gas and dogs, arrests your sad arse, impounds your arsenal of weapons and cache of ammo and it's off to Jail for you where bubba becomes your new best friend.

Pretty simple really.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Pete
    Last edited by P38; 14-02-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    Nzgunner likes this.

LOL....must get some Vaseline then...

didnt realise they bothered with all this again!

doh