Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: firearms licence and trademe

Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    can buy guns on farce book as well (pun intended)
    Not by their rules, however they only know if they are reported.

I had some muppet go off at me for pointing it out politely before the page was shut down. Real fit and proper person with the words he was calling me, threatening etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Dont be stupid, only assault spoons need to be registered.
    Its not the spoons that are the problem it is the select fire forks....When will someone think of the children!
    mikee and Knoxy_09 like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Its not the spoons that are the problem it is the select fire forks....When will someone think of the children!
    No,,Hi capacity black spoons are the problem.......Obesity can be fixed by making them eat with teaspoons....

Ejected
    I love "But New Zealand First's Ron Mark says the rules are not good enough because sellers do not have to prove they have a licence."

You actually do because when you do the mail order transfer it has to have the sellers details including FA license on it before the police will sign it off. Also in the unlikely event some unlicensed person sold a gun on trade me to a licensed person isn't that a good thing because there is one less firearm in the hand of someone without a license?
    shooternz and Jexla like this.

I filled out a mail order form a few weeks back, going over it with the lady at the counter bla bla bla cute kids bla bla, we will confirm the details and check the serial number to make sure it is not stolen and we should have it processed this afternoon (which it was). The last bit surprised me, I was under the impression that they didnt have any database with details of stolen guns, unless they are just running it through a generic stolen goods database. Not that it is a bad thing either.... Just hadnt seen it mentioned in any of these threads before.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli_Dog View Post
    I filled out a mail order form a few weeks back, going over it with the lady at the counter bla bla bla cute kids bla bla, we will confirm the details and check the serial number to make sure it is not stolen and we should have it processed this afternoon (which it was). The last bit surprised me, I was under the impression that they didnt have any database with details of stolen guns, unless they are just running it through a generic stolen goods database. Not that it is a bad thing either.... Just hadnt seen it mentioned in any of these threads before.
    That's only as good as people make it. You can run any number through NIA and if it's attached to something, it should show up. That could be a PRN, phone number, serial number on a TV, passport number etc..

In my experience the people who input anything through the Crime Reporting Line don't really grasp the helpfulness of entered data potentially down the line.. So if your rifle was stolen and had a serial number, you rang CRL, they took the details but entered them incorrectly (like just in the narrative text), later on someone could run that serial number and nothing would come up. Pretty frustrating.

She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    That's only as good as people make it. You can run any number through NIA and if it's attached to something, it should show up. That could be a PRN, phone number, serial number on a TV, passport number etc..

In my experience the people who input anything through the Crime Reporting Line don't really grasp the helpfulness of entered data potentially down the line.. So if your rifle was stolen and had a serial number, you rang CRL, they took the details but entered them incorrectly (like just in the narrative text), later on someone could run that serial number and nothing would come up. Pretty frustrating.

To be honest I was surprised they did it at all since the requirement for the serial number on the forms is new. Yes I can see how it may not be particularly effective especially with various dashes and symbols in some numbers

To be honest I was surprised they did it at all since the requirement for the serial number on the forms is new. Yes I can see how it may not be particularly effective especially with various dashes and symbols in some numbers
    I've only known this number to be entered if there has been an occurrence involving the firearm, eg it's been stolen.

The problem is with the admin per adding the number in a text document, not in a method that is able to be searched.

As far as I am aware, there is no database of firearms.

I'm not really sure how I would feel if there was - to be honest I would probably get over it pretty quick even if my initial reaction was a bit pissy. As an honest owner, I'm not sure how it would actually negatively effect me other than if such a database was leaked. Which is kind of the exact situation now anyway as my current address is listed along with the fact that I have a FAL and you could draw your own conclusions surrounding my possessions. Search Facebook for more than two seconds and you'll soon see what gear I own anyway.

Requirement? I think you may be confused.
    Dougie likes this.

I've only known this number to be entered if there has been an occurrence involving the firearm, eg it's been stolen.

The problem is with the admin per adding the number in a text document, not in a method that is able to be searched.

As far as I am aware, there is no database of firearms.

I'm not really sure how I would feel if there was - to be honest I would probably get over it pretty quick even if my initial reaction was a bit pissy. As an honest owner, I'm not sure how it would actually negatively effect me other than if such a database was leaked. Which is kind of the exact situation now anyway as my current address is listed along with the fact that I have a FAL and you could draw your own conclusions surrounding my possessions. Search Facebook for more than two seconds and you'll soon see what gear I own anyway.

You can make your privacy settings a bit better than that....

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    You can make your privacy settings a bit better than that....
    Her personal one for sure, but she also has follow me page( or did).

People who don't have there personal pages locked down tight really worry me
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    Her personal one for sure, but she also has follow me page( or did).

People who don't have there personal pages locked down tight really worry me
    Yup personal one you'll see FA but when you're trying to market your personal brand as a hunting personality.. Kinda have to include myself and my gear in my pics

res likes this.

Yup personal one you'll see FA but when you're trying to market your personal brand as a hunting personality.. Kinda have to include myself and my gear in my pics

Ahh, gotcha.

Risks of the trade, you chose them when you signed up unfortunately
    Dougie likes this.

Given the way Tardme are heading I will use them less and less for firearm related purchases in future.

What with gunstuff, sportshooter, miitaria auctions and dealing direct with the likes of NZRAC and Digit's NZAR15 I have more options than dollars so no complaints there

Funnily enough I sold my last firearm through word of mouth

Facebook can go fuck itself with a jagged fishknife
    mikee and Knoxy_09 like this.