Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Firearms licence waiting times

The Vetter did say that there is an upcoming policy change that may upset a few people namely If you want the license renewed you will be home when they tell you to be home rather than trying to fit around you.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

That's what happens in the U.K. They do give you a few dates to choose from though.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    The Vetter did say that there is an upcoming policy change that may upset a few people namely If you want the license renewed you will be home when they tell you to be home rather than trying to fit around you.
    A cynic would say that's another way to stop folk getting/keeping a licence, it's just not practical for a lot of people
    mikee and Tommy like this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Gone but not forgotten
    When the vetter rang me, he asked if I would be home Saturday morning, it was a long weekend too (Waitangi), they must be busy to be working long weekends, or a lot of people aren't available on weekdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    When the vetter rang me, he asked if I would be home Saturday morning, it was a long weekend too (Waitangi), they must be busy to be working long weekends, or a lot of people aren't available on weekdays.
    Vetted last Friday in the middle of the day which was suitable and agreed timing for us both. The whole experience was completely hassle free, certainly not like I am reading about on this forum. He was very civil as were we - wife renewing as well.
    Some areas must have arsehole vetters or people are rubbing them up the wrong way.

Our local man told me it is a 7 day of the week job for him so he obviously works in with the Mon to Fri 9 to fivers.

No recording of serial numbers, he didn't even offer let alone pressure.

FAL Expires in 4 weeks - yes I did submit my renewal in plenty of time. By his estimate my FAL will be very expired b4 new one arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    A cynic would say that's another way to stop folk getting/keeping a licence, it's just not practical for a lot of people
    Well yes maybe but he made the point that you have to take time off work etc to go renew your driver's license so it's not really any different to that.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    Ernie likes this.

I just received a text from a random number which I can't call back saying that

Regarding firearms application. Have you been to the Mountain Safety Course. if not please reply asap to book.

I did the course on the 1st of march and have been vetted already so maybe there's been a but if miscommunication.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Well yes maybe but he made the point that you have to take time off work etc to go renew your driver's license so it's not really any different to that.

That's prob not music to the ears for someone that had a "lifetime" license at one point though
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    That's prob not music to the ears for someone that had a "lifetime" license at one point though
    No probably not.

I got a call the other day from a vetter. I'd agreed to be a referee for a mate, and had since forgotten. I'd filled the form in a couple of months back. Anyway, 4-5 questions later we were done. Personally, I'd like to be interviewed abit longer, but he'd obviously passed his initial interview with flying colours, so only needed to make sure our answers were the same.
    Makes me wonder about the shady character applying with a couple of mates, whether background checks would raise a flag or not

I really want my guns, so time off to sort stuff out is ok by me

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I really want my guns, so time off to sort stuff out is ok by me
    The tricky bit is getting your wife in the same place at the same time.....almost be easier to be single!

The tricky bit is getting your wife in the same place at the same time.....almost be easier to be single!
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by SGR View Post
    Was vetted 2 weeks ago, rung up today and got my license number and was able to purchase !
    Same got vetted 10 days ago and was told 3 weeks for the card to arrive. Will post here if it arrives that quickly

Slightly different as you need your spouse there too, with a drivers licence you can rock up to the AA at lunch time, etc & do it in 15min, no appointment necessary.

As an aside, I dropped my paperwork in last Wednesday and did the interview this morning after he rang yesterday to sort a time out, same guy who did my wife's one recently so quick & painless over a cup of tea. Now the wait for the licence.

He said there are 12 vettors covering the wider Canterbury region.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!