Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Free E's ..... we'll almost

Naa I dont think youll have too many dramas, itll be like 1992 and 2010?all over again

My view is at the end of the day, the Police won't be fussed handing the MSSA endorsements out for free subject to security conditions, because:

A. They will a greater idea of who owns 'evil black rifles'.
    B. There is an increased level of firearms security for many from what they had previously.

Its a win-win for the Police.
    Welcome to Sako club.

It certainly has the potential. But more E owners = more workload with only the same resources (currently) allocated to it I wonder what the % of successful applications in the past has been ? Folks I know who have their E certainly had no problem getting it, but that was primarily because of 3 Gun, rather than just a want to have.

Nobody I know have had difficulty, even one who was worried about a dodgy past.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Nobody I know have had difficulty, even one who was worried about a dodgy past.
    Yep

All I know who have applied have been successful.

Dogmatix is right it's win-win for police.

Cheers
    Pete

Just got my e-cat safe and picked up the endorsement application. Now will I need a referee who already has the E-endorsement? I have put down hunting/culling as one of my reasons for wanting the endorsement but now I see I will need a letter from a land owner giving permission to hunt/cull on their land. Anyone own a farm and keen to "give me permission" to cull bunnies/goats on their land? After spending $720 on a safe and 3k on a rifle im pretty keen to follow through with the endorsement haha.
    Hopefully I can get the endorsement before the roar!

Cheers guys

Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Just got my e-cat safe and picked up the endorsement application. Now will I need a referee who already has the E-endorsement? I have put down hunting/culling as one of my reasons for wanting the endorsement but now I see I will need a letter from a land owner giving permission to hunt/cull on their land. Anyone own a farm and keen to "give me permission" to cull bunnies/goats on their land? After spending $720 on a safe and 3k on a rifle im pretty keen to follow through with the endorsement haha.
    Hopefully I can get the endorsement before the roar!

Cheers guys

Nate
    Is this guff about culling on the application form Nate?

Hey bud,

Yup on the back of the form under Referees the 3rd one states..

" Person who has given permission for hunting/culling activity and/or land owner (phone/letter)- if hunting is contemplated"

Ill see if I can find an online copy and post it on here for anyone who's interested.

Nate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Hey bud,

Yup on the back of the form under Referees the 3rd one states..

" Person who has given permission for hunting/culling activity and/or land owner (phone/letter)- if hunting is contemplated"

Ill see if I can find an online copy and post it on here for anyone who's interested.

Nate.

Thank you...Hmm I see, they have written a new form, I suppose the old one did need some updating. They no longer ask you what magazines you subscribe to and what calibres you reload.

Does it say on there your refs must have an E cat? Cant see it..then again my eyes are a bit funny. You should be able to use people with A cat, give the Arms officer a call.

P38
    I'd be tempted to put down Nick Smith as a referee, his numbers in the book, after all you will be shooting on conservation land.

Cheers
    Pete

If one had a pistol grip stock on a 10/22, is there any reason they would be granted an ecat for that?
    Or will they just be told, nope no reason to have a pistol gr on that, make it acat.

Would be hilarious if all the people that get denied an E endorsement for not having sufficient reasons banded together and took it to court.
    Nate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    If one had a pistol grip stock on a 10/22, is there any reason they would be granted an ecat for that?
    Or will they just be told, nope no reason to have a pistol gr on that, make it acat.
    If you can show you use it for culling on a farm go for it.

No, it doesn't even ask for a licenced referee, let alone some one with an endorsed licence anymore.

Sounds too Australian having to demontsrate permission/access for land to hunt on.

Very good idea including DOC estate.

Quote Originally Posted by savageshooter View Post
    Thank you...Hmm I see, they have written a new form, I suppose the old one did need some updating. They no longer ask you what magazines you subscribe to and what calibres you reload.

Does it say on there your refs must have an E cat? Cant see it..then again my eyes are a bit funny. You should be able to use people with A cat, give the Arms officer a call.