Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: Gun shot fired in Gun City Car park

I'm guilty of walking into a gunshot with a round in the chamber.... Only cause I couldn't get the damn thing out!!! Norino 223 that the bolt I couldn't pull it back without putting buttock on the grousing, looking down the barrel and tapping bolt handle with a hammer....

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    I'm guilty of walking into a gunshot with a round in the chamber.... Only cause I couldn't get the damn thing out!!! Norino 223 that the bolt I couldn't pull it back without putting buttock on the grousing, looking down the barrel and tapping bolt handle with a hammer....
    At least you knew it was in there

Well just as a quick update. The police are only charging him with reckless use of a firearm. Nothing about fleeing the scene of a crime. And it looks like we may be out of pocket wages, insurance excess and everything else.

Ans somehow someone was accidentaly shot in Queenstown

Accidental shooting in Queenstown - National - NZ Herald News

Quote Originally Posted by MSSPNZ View Post
    Well just as a quick update. The police are only charging him with reckless use of a firearm. Nothing about fleeing the scene of a crime. And it looks like we may be out of pocket wages, insurance excess and everything else.
    Can you take a civil case against him for your expenses?

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    Can you take a civil case against him for your expenses?
    Possibly but honestly I do not think my father could deal with it. He's had to cope with a lot and this really was the straw that broke the camel's back

Possibly but honestly I do not think my father could deal with it. He's had to cope with a lot and this really was the straw that broke the camel's back
    Maybe post some photos of the damage...........you never know, there are some bloody good buggers on here that might be able to help one way or anther.
    Pengy, 223nut and MSSPNZ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    Ans somehow someone was accidentaly shot in Queenstown

Accidental shooting in Queenstown - National - NZ Herald News
    FFS

Quote Originally Posted by screamO View Post
    FFS
    +1 get the feeling I should run home to bed for the rest of the day....

The roar is apon us and yet people you don't need to go hunting to get shot.... Not a good look considering the media's stance on firearms at the moment
    zimmer likes this.

thank you for clearing the issue up.Iwill retract my comments re GC .like others i have nought but condemnation for the "nut behind the butt".hmmmm-what if a routine traffic stop had unearthed this wee treasure trove =id bet my bottom dollar all hell would have ensued.
    to the passenger -Im pleased you escaped injury =to the fool -i sincerely hope the judge throws the whole bloody legal library at you cause youre a disgrace to the firearms owning fraternity-you cant even abide by 7 simple rules and put public lives in danger.wow this is like an atomic reactor for the ant gun brigade.-endless fuel for them.
    zimmer and gonetropo like this.

To confirm, he may of had the gun in the back seat and tried to reach over for it, probably lucky he didnt blow his own head off or have passengers.
    As for photos, lets see if this works as i have tried from my mobile and i couldnt.
    I have no issue against firearms, just the reckless ones who seem to pass getting their FAL.
    Name:  20170409_172116.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  762.9 KBName:  20170409_172130.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  701.4 KB

Banned
    I never thought it was against the law to "flee the scene of a crime", unless you fail to stop and see if anyone is injured after a car accident.
    Wirehunt likes this.

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    What was it - looks like several holes

He is liable for your damage - frankly its the least he could do is pay for it all

Quote Originally Posted by faregame View Post
    What was it - looks like several holes

He is liable for your damage - frankly its the least he could do is pay for it all
    Does look rather like a shotgun with buckshot...
    7mmsaum, Steve123 and JasonW like this.

It shouldn't be too hard to get the situation sorted out without going down the court rabbithole. What I think should be your course of action is:

1) go file a report with the police, find out who is in charge of the case and get it all put on the same case number as when the culprit handed himself in (you may have already done this part)
    2) Give your insurance company the details of the officer who is dealing with the case and the case number
    3) your insurance company should then just confirm it's all tickety boo and pay you out the full replacement value/repair your car, no excess etc as they will get that out of mr accidental discharge.

I'm no expert but from my own dealings with police when someone wrote off my car this is pretty much how it should go down. Sorry you have to go through this, hope it all pans out for you.
    faregame, kotuku and screamO like this.