Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: Gun shot fired in Gun City Car park

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Yes he went to the cops cos he knew he was in the do do, but did he get in contact with the owner of the damaged car to repair the damage that he caused? Perhaps MSSPNZ can answer that. If he has not sorted full repairs either in person or via the insirance company, then in my view, he has not taken full responsibility, merely tried to protect his own arse...
    aye tim Ill float my stick with you o nthis. it also sounds like the poor buggers insurance company also needs a swift boot up the proverbial-altho its canterbury so whats new.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    aye tim Ill float my stick with you o nthis. it also sounds like the poor buggers insurance company also needs a swift boot up the proverbial-altho its canterbury so whats new.
    We are in Canterbury and our insurance company has been great to deal with after the quakes. (AA insurance) Maybe we got lucky. But that tit needs to sort the damage he caused.

We are in Canterbury and our insurance company has been great to deal with after the quakes. (AA insurance) Maybe we got lucky. But that tit needs to sort the damage he caused.
    +1 for aa, contents all sorted and done quick smart, yet to get the house looked at though.... Asked to be put on the low priority list though, can live with a cracked window duct taped up

Hey. Nope no contact from him at all. My dad isn't happy. Insurance were beggars and dad will be making sure the car is as it was. Blackwells have been superb here in Chch for accomadating him. Apparently holding the panels for me to frame too a bit of "we don't know how lucky we are" lyrics to go with it i think.
    Sadly they won't replace the leather seats as it won't match so we will be looking for a company that will source or repair the minor but obvious damage to once pristine seats.

We have heard nothing more from police or anything at all from the perpetrator.

Will hopefully get more information in the coming weeks.

Would be nice to see if anyone here knows him. An apology would be nice. I'm not angry it happened. Shit happens. I'm annoyed he didn't man up and stay to sort it out face to face.
    Dougie, timattalon and SlowElliot like this.

Court Date

We have a court date !
    this Friday (12th May 2017)
    Not sure on a court room yet but will be in the Christchurch District court.
    I am in touch now with Victim support (apparently the police never filed for us to be kept informed or looked after) so it was all on our own back, to get the court room and name to go and publicly view the matter and see what he will be charged with.

So here is hoping i can bring the outcome to the thread.

Lisa
    madjon_, kokako, Pengy and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MSSPNZ View Post
    We have a court date !
    this Friday (12th May 2017)
    Not sure on a court room yet but will be in the Christchurch District court.
    I am in touch now with Victim support (apparently the police never filed for us to be kept informed or looked after) so it was all on our own back, to get the court room and name to go and publicly view the matter and see what he will be charged with.

So here is hoping i can bring the outcome to the thread.

Lisa
    So long as he is not an ex all black,there may be a result
    Tommy, Martin358 and Danger Mouse like this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Fulla
    Quote Originally Posted by madjon_ View Post
    So long as he is not an ex all black,there may be a result
    Or cop, it makes you wonder why it was this hard to get this far...
    timattalon likes this.

Man accidentally fired rifle through car outside Christchurch gun shop | Stuff.co.nz

Litany of errors in article too... not happy.

Dad's fuming ... can't say nz police hace dealt with this well. Apparently I'm not a victim in this...however the panic attacks and loss of job don't say that..

Hey. Nope no contact from him at all. My dad isn't happy. Insurance were beggars and dad will be making sure the car is as it was. Blackwells have been superb here in Chch for accomadating him. Apparently holding the panels for me to frame too a bit of "we don't know how lucky we are" lyrics to go with it i think.
    Sadly they won't replace the leather seats as it won't match so we will be looking for a company that will source or repair the minor but obvious damage to once pristine seats.

We have heard nothing more from police or anything at all from the perpetrator.

Will hopefully get more information in the coming weeks.

Would be nice to see if anyone here knows him. An apology would be nice. I'm not angry it happened. Shit happens. I'm annoyed he didn't man up and stay to sort it out face to face.
    these guys are pretty good and reasonable price in chch.

Car Upholstery Christchurch, Automotive Upholstery Chch

And this guy does great work. Auto & Marine Upolstery, 369 Tuam St, Phillipstown, Christchurch 8011
    03-377 5406

Man accidentally fired rifle through car outside Christchurch gun shop | Stuff.co.nz

Litany of errors in article too... not happy.

Dad's fuming ... can't say nz police hace dealt with this well. Apparently I'm not a victim in this...however the panic attacks and loss of job don't say that..
    Well I have to be honest and point out that the media never lets the truth get in the way of a good story. I mean they have to twist it up to make guns look bad somehow........If they can twist it for a little more drama they will, regardless of the truth...Should be called stuff''d or stuff all as that is about the result and/or how much truth is usually involved...

Thanks I will pass those details on

Well I have to be honest and point out that the media never lets the truth get in the way of a good story. I mean they have to twist it up to make guns look bad somehow........If they can twist it for a little more drama they will, regardless of the truth...Should be called stuff''d or stuff all as that is about the result and/or how much truth is usually involved...
    Funnily enough it was the court room news people who wrote it. The whole thing is just an absolute balls up

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    This just gets worse as far as I am concerned. It appears as though his intent was to walk into the shop with a loaded firearm and from what has happened he most certainly is not a well disciplined individual in his handling of firearms as the bloody thing was loaded when it should not have been loaded and at the time the incident occurred he has put his fingers on the trigger and applied pressure. So what did the judge have to say about the idiot when passing judgement? I am sure we can all make mistakes but this bugger has made too many to keep his Firearms License in my opinion. In his actions he has failed to follow the code (yes I know the code is not law and it is only there for our guidance) and he has blatantly ignored rules 1,2,3 and 6.
    Last edited by Rushy; 13-05-2017 at 08:19 AM.
    tetawa, Gapped axe, kotuku and 2 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Court day today. This whole event has caused grief in my family. Here is hoping for some form of relief.
    Car is still in the shop
    Dad hasn't been great

I hope you get some satisfaction mate. Sad that morons do dum shit like this, makes us all look bad. Good luck
    kotuku, keneff and Danger Mouse like this.
    Ya can't park there mate.