Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 76 to 81 of 81
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Gun shot fired in Gun City Car park

  1. #76
    Member specweapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post
    ffs at least the guy sounds like hes taken responsibility for his actions good on you for that part of it

    a mate of mine once brought an old 30-30 winchester at a gun show (years ago) he was cycleing the action and dry fireing the rifle the rifle was checked clear but he didn’t see the follower wasn’t there after dry fireing 5 or 6 times a round that was stuck in the tube mag dislodged fed into the chamber and when he pulled the trigger the rifle discharged lucky he was pointing the rifle in a safe direction and the round didn’t go anywhere unsafe
    I've nearly done the same with a BSA sportsman 15 .22lr, luckily I noticed the round chamber.
    A mate had a round jammed in his Benelli m2 after duck shooting down the coast, if my mates floor wasn't concrete he'd have had a nice new underfloor ventilation

  2. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post
    ffs at least the guy sounds like hes taken responsibility for his actions good on you for that part of it

    Yes he went to the cops cos he knew he was in the do do, but did he get in contact with the owner of the damaged car to repair the damage that he caused? Perhaps MSSPNZ can answer that. If he has not sorted full repairs either in person or via the insirance company, then in my view, he has not taken full responsibility, merely tried to protect his own arse...
    Pixie Z and 223nut like this.

  3. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    spreydon christcurch.
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Yes he went to the cops cos he knew he was in the do do, but did he get in contact with the owner of the damaged car to repair the damage that he caused? Perhaps MSSPNZ can answer that. If he has not sorted full repairs either in person or via the insirance company, then in my view, he has not taken full responsibility, merely tried to protect his own arse...
    aye tim Ill float my stick with you o nthis. it also sounds like the poor buggers insurance company also needs a swift boot up the proverbial-altho its canterbury so whats new.

  4. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    aye tim Ill float my stick with you o nthis. it also sounds like the poor buggers insurance company also needs a swift boot up the proverbial-altho its canterbury so whats new.
    We are in Canterbury and our insurance company has been great to deal with after the quakes. (AA insurance) Maybe we got lucky. But that tit needs to sort the damage he caused.

  5. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stewart island / canterbury
    Posts
    3,773
    Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    We are in Canterbury and our insurance company has been great to deal with after the quakes. (AA insurance) Maybe we got lucky. But that tit needs to sort the damage he caused.
    +1 for aa, contents all sorted and done quick smart, yet to get the house looked at though.... Asked to be put on the low priority list though, can live with a cracked window duct taped up

  6. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    6
    Hey. Nope no contact from him at all. My dad isn't happy. Insurance were beggars and dad will be making sure the car is as it was. Blackwells have been superb here in Chch for accomadating him. Apparently holding the panels for me to frame too a bit of "we don't know how lucky we are" lyrics to go with it i think.
    Sadly they won't replace the leather seats as it won't match so we will be looking for a company that will source or repair the minor but obvious damage to once pristine seats.

    We have heard nothing more from police or anything at all from the perpetrator.

    Will hopefully get more information in the coming weeks.

    Would be nice to see if anyone here knows him. An apology would be nice. I'm not angry it happened. Shit happens. I'm annoyed he didn't man up and stay to sort it out face to face.
    SlowElliot likes this.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: RUGER MINI-30 mags 10 shot or 20 shot
    By STRAPPER in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31-03-2017, 09:11 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31-01-2017, 09:56 PM
  3. Not a roar heard, not a shot fired.
    By Tahr in forum The Magazine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-03-2016, 08:38 PM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-04-2015, 02:29 PM
  5. Shot Placement - One Shot Kills
    By Gibo in forum Hunting
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-10-2014, 09:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!