Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Guns don't kill people

Guns don't kill people, bullets do.

Bullets don't kill people, the injuries they cause do.

I like the quote out of 'Collateral'. "you killed him", "No, I shot him, bullets and the fall killed him."

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Base ball bat could probably be just as lethal if you are on the receiving end of it and have nothing to defend yourself with
    Baseball bat doesn't have a effective range of 200m.
    ebf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Yup, you're absolutely correct. As could a screwdriver, brick, spade, and just about anything else...

But that is not really the point is it ?
    I'm lost, I don't even know what the point is.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    I wouldn't have thought

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    This clipping is just a bad joke of a strawman argument though.
    To be fair, it is pitched at roughly the same level of sophistication as the opposing view though....

I've also got a decent chance of out running you with a bat, I sure can't run faster than the bullet.

I like the quote out of 'Collateral'. "you killed him", "No, I shot him, bullets and the fall killed him."
    haha

a baseball bat. ?
    Not being in that mind set but I guess I'd assume that some ppl would enjoy using the baseball bat far more...due to feel and uh prolonged sound effects. So I dont know which one I'd fear more but at least with a gun it should be pretty quick.

"Do anti gun people really think crime would even romotely decrease if all guns everywhere were banned?" Yes I think they do, but really you are talking of lilly liberals, even jumping out of planes for sport or fun should also be banned....or anything remotely FUN.

Their mind set is quite simple IMHO, they think of themselves as superior and of good taste and therefore deserve to be in charge looking after the rest of us for our own good as we are really naughty children who'd get into trouble or injury ourselves. The fact the rest of us would be so bored with a life in cotton wool that we'd queue to jump under the nearest train is neither here nor there. We'd have to be quick as trains would get banned of course.

About as relevant as any other dribble on this thread, just more classic

Bob Dylan - Who killed Davey Moore? - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    About as relevant as any other dribble on this thread, just more classic

Bob Dylan - Who killed Davey Moore? - YouTube
    Good call, this is an American issue. I'm young and dumb but is sure as shit know guns do kill people. There are a thousand different arguments around this whole topic but here's mine. In the Army, I was taught guns kill, that's what we carry them for, that what they were designed for. Not self defense, not for sport, or to make you feel safe. We have guns to seek out and close with the enemy, to kill or capture him. There is no blurred line it is firearms that kill but that is completely besides the point.

I know that it's the person that pulls the trigger, but using that to rebut attacks from people asking the wrong questions is folly. The question that really needs to be addressed is why. Why is there the disregard for life, this self entitlement to feel safe by introducing intimidation and fear. The mindset of the gun user is the issue, watch this, Man pulls gun in road rage incident. ORGINAL - YouTube. This clip infuriates me, it had all been said and done, what was the need or the logic behind of handing him the gun in the first place, what was she hoping to achieve? It's no better than a kid throwing a tantrum.

I can ramble on for a long while and work myself up but what's the point, what's the point in all of this. I live in New Zealand, I'm not even sure that my house has a key to the front door. My car is parked in driveway, keys in the ignition. Never once have I felt unsafe or uneasy about anything really let alone firearms, nor do I know anyone that actually thinks it's an issue here. We're not in a place where this kind of talk is even remotely relevant as Barefoot said before. There is no sense getting riled up.

Enjoy where we are, what we have, who's here with us, we are very lucky to have it so sweet.
    Kscott, ebf and Scouser like this.

I don't think its shit stirring ,thought provoking yes .Makes some people uncomfortable ,well possibly.

Had the gumption to post it in the first place ,well yes & I want to see more.
    Gun control means using both hands

Ejected
    Pls point me at this forum with several million users where the actual interesting dialogue is going on
    https://plus.google.com/ Something like 200 million+

I come here for a redneck fix.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eion View Post
    Good call, this is an American issue. I'm young and dumb but is sure as shit know guns do kill people. There are a thousand different arguments around this whole topic but here's mine. In the Army, I was taught guns kill, that's what we carry them for, that what they were designed for. Not self defense, not for sport, or to make you feel safe. We have guns to seek out and close with the enemy, to kill or capture him. There is no blurred line it is firearms that kill but that is completely besides the point.

I know that it's the person that pulls the trigger, but using that to rebut attacks from people asking the wrong questions is folly. The question that really needs to be addressed is why. Why is there the disregard for life, this self entitlement to feel safe by introducing intimidation and fear. The mindset of the gun user is the issue, watch this, Man pulls gun in road rage incident. ORGINAL - YouTube. This clip infuriates me, it had all been said and done, what was the need or the logic behind of handing him the gun in the first place, what was she hoping to achieve? It's no better than a kid throwing a tantrum.

I can ramble on for a long while and work myself up but what's the point, what's the point in all of this. I live in New Zealand, I'm not even sure that my house has a key to the front door. My car is parked in driveway, keys in the ignition. Never once have I felt unsafe or uneasy about anything really let alone firearms, nor do I know anyone that actually thinks it's an issue here. We're not in a place where this kind of talk is even remotely relevant as Barefoot said before. There is no sense getting riled up.

Enjoy where we are, what we have, who's here with us, we are very lucky to have it so sweet.
    "to kill or capture them" As a grunt your tought how to kill the enemy using a rifle!.But how can there even be an argument over it, what about landmines???its endless isnt it. How about holden shit all over ford's

Caretaker
    Thats just so true, fords smell of poo.
    Happy likes this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time