Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Im lost for words

R93
    I never mentioned stress.
    Not the issue in this case at all imo.

I have my opinion and will stick to it.

The rest of you can carry on...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    EeeBees, carlhurley and stumpy like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

If this isn't careless use of a firearm then what the fuck is?
    stingray, Sasquatch and Jexla like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    If this isn't careless use of a firearm causing injury then what the fuck is?

He was not the guy for the job and his boss should take the rap
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Yep, one rule for them and one rule for everyone else!
    And how would Police do their job effectively by adhering to each one of the 7 rules? It's like asking a soldier not to load his rifle until he is ready to fire. Police have to abide by the same rules with some small exceptions.

Good defence if I sadly shoot you in the bush huh? I'm gonna add a Glock holster and many more buckles to my tackle
    That comment is so stupid, pointless and full of holes it doesn't warrant an answer.

Policing isn't 'just a job', if it was then they aren't getting paid enough to be punched, kicked, spat on and then hung out to dry at the first opportunity by the organisation and members of the ignorant public that think that they know all. With attitudes like yours it's a wonder why they want to do their job at all.

It's a very unfortunate accident

Then what aspect of carrying a fire arm and restraining someone was it then, that could function as an excuse? I'm confident its reasonably hard to accidentally shoot someone. We have 5000 members, who carry fire arms frequently. How often do they accidentally shoot something?
    I believe the reason or 'excuse' was that the M4 got caught up in the officer equipment he was wearing. Nowhere did it say anything about an over excited or stressed officer. How often do the people on here have to wear AOS equipment and deal with violent mentally impaired violent people? Are you saying no one on here has ever shot somebody by accident?

But then again, what would I know, I've never been in any kind of situation like that. He's a cop so it must be a cover up and he must be guilty.

Oh the arm chair critics...
    Savage1, jim160, Dougie and 1 others like this.
    "Professionals are predictable but the world is full of dangerous amateurs"

I think the only thing that will happen now is they are going to spend millions on designing new uniforms so it can't happen again..............and once they've done that they will spend millions on redesigning as the one they just done didn't work.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    The solution is pretty simple. Don't give anyone an excuse to turn up at your doorstep with a gun. Cop. Gangsta. Jealous husband. YOU are the master of your own destiny. Really.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    Accidental shooting in South Auckland - National - NZ Herald News

I would say this would be what you are after...
    "Professionals are predictable but the world is full of dangerous amateurs"

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    The ever increasing tone of a war zone for New Zealands deadly streets. Endless references to the "front line".

"It's like asking a soldier not to load his rifle until he is ready to fire."

It is just a job. People do dangerous jobs. People talk to armed mobs with machetes in a calm and conversational manner. People get punched, kicked and spat at as doorman for $20 and hour and if they put the slightest bruise on someone its and assault charge.

Its a safe country, there is no need to go all world war three every time a nutter goes nuts. The militarisation of police forces is ridiculous, but when they don't seem to get any training other than being convinced they are going to war on joe public its scary and a bit weird.

The language, the guns, the costumes. Ridiculous.

I have seen similar set ups in police states. The crims are nothing compared to the cops once they think they are soldiers.
    Well said.
    Sideshow likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    The solution is pretty simple. Don't give anyone an excuse to turn up at your doorstep with a gun. Cop. Gangsta. Jealous husband. YOU are the master of your own destiny. Really.
    It will be funny when your vehicle is stolen and used in a armed robbery and the AOS storm your house.
    Jexla likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Yep, in a nutshell. Amazing how many people don't understand that absolutely everything that happens to you in life is a direct result of the choices you make.
    Dougie likes this.

I have seen similar set ups in police states. The crims are nothing compared to the cops once they think they are soldiers.
    Given some of the countries I have lived / worked in this is a very true statement indeed. Cops in Turkmenistan were more feared by the public than the local crims there. Same in Philippines and ditto Panama. Corrupt as all hell and looked after their own.
    veitnamcam, Maca49 and Jexla like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Ditto Tussock well said, amazing how those involved close ranks and stick their heads in the sand! It's just a job people choose to do, it's as bad as being a care giver to me. Stop fucking trying to cover up. Open up an face the facts, it's a fuck up and him and his boss should be done! The situation was under control and still someone gets shot! It could have been a fellow cop or a person walking past. Why the protection?
    blake likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Add Ethiopia to that list. Very stable, but very brutal. Most of the lovely peaceful middle class friends I had there had nasty scars on their scalps.
    Yemen looked the same although I was only passing thru on a visa run
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.