Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Info regarding law changes? Where's the communication

WHY?? Oh why, Do we have to go looking for the new law info?
    We shouldn't have to ask, or even go searching for pamphlet downloads. Not even anything on the cops webpage?
    Where are the public notices? Adds in the paper, TV, Hell they got all of our addresses so why not a nice little letter from the police?
    If I didn't care or be proactive, I could be breaking the law without knowing it. (In six months most will be expecting a suprise inspection).
    "Sorry, rant over". Time to get a licence upgrade to E-cat and then

OR GET YOUR MONEY TOGETHER TO BUY ONE OF THE FLOOD THAT WILL HIT THE MARKET?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by private Ryan View Post
    We shouldn't have to ask, or even go searching for pamphlet downloads. Not even anything on the cops webpage?
    Where are the public notices? Adds in the paper, TV, Hell they got all of our addresses so why not a nice little letter from the police?
    It's not in their interest to help us comply. There's no revenue in that, or alternatively, no way to reduce the number of MSSA's out there. Better for them that they wait until the grace period quietly expires and then start prosecuting, either to gain revenue through fines, or reduce the civilian armoury through confiscation.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    OR GET YOUR MONEY TOGETHER TO BUY ONE OF THE FLOOD THAT WILL HIT THE MARKET?
    I don't think there will be a flood of them on the market imho. There might be a few that get flicked, but most of owners will get the thumbhole stock to keep it in ACAT form.
    The rest will be flooding the AO's with MSSA applications, and the wait to get the endorsement will be longer than the 6mths we've been given to get things in order.

But yes, I agree. we shouldn't have to go searching for info, The Govt made the changes so should be doing a crap load of advertising to make people aware of the changes etc.
    The other thing is the AO's should/could be much more helpful.
    The 1 we got here is a grumpy old sod that had no idea what was on the new application forms. Mind you it was just after the announcment, so he could've been having a bad day.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Quote Originally Posted by private Ryan View Post
    Let me save you the trouble :-)

MSSA Pamphlet

Point is that without seeing this website I wouldn't have known either. Rather poor communication, considering that I get sent a reminder about my WOF and registration for my car every 6 months...you'd think that every firearm license holder would be sent something in the mail considering the fact that the law has changed and many will now be breaking the law being in possession of now illegal firearms as a result. A conviction would be very serious and prevent that person from owning a firearm again or from travelling overseas etc...

Kj

Ejected
    So am I now technically a criminal because I have an ar that still has a free standing pistol grip attached? Or am I only a criminal once the 6 month grace period has expired without either getting thumb hole or e cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    So am I now technically a criminal because I have an ar that still has a free standing pistol grip attached? Or am I only a criminal once the 6 month grace period has expired without either getting thumb hole or e cat?
    Technically, you're a criminal right now, which is why the Police should have been sorting this out six months prior to Assent.

Problem is they hadn't figured out what they wanted to do till right to the wire. The definition of a pistol grip is hilarious and shows how worried they are of fucking it up.

There is some bloody stupid people running the country how can changing a grip make it less dangerous in the wrong hands?
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

I've heard a bunch of reasons floating around, such as them wanting A cat guns to look like sporting rifles, and they want Line officers to be able to easily differentiate A from E (what if it's an E cat with a thumb hole stock?). I think the real motive was to shit can the import of modern semi auto's, but with the availability of well priced thumb hole stocks, that is null too. Remember the Gov General can now classify firearms by type as an MSSA, I would imagine that would be the next step if AR's continue to flood in. Richard Smith told me they have no intention to do this, but why would they put that into the law then? And it's not to say that somebody with an agenda will use it.