Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: jesus wept

jesus wept

fresh off the CHCH PRESS website
    a 17month old temuka child was shot in the back of the head by his father who was removing a loaded air rifle from a wardrobe. the child has been flown to starship hospital.
    my comments are unprintable , but i will say this - if humans are the so called most intelligent of all mammmal species ,the rest are rooted!

R93
    FFS!😠

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

sturg4
    You are damned right R93. That guy is a bloody mammmal.

As long as we have weapons we will have accidents, but this sort of accident is too tragic for words and we the gun owners will pay in some little way down the track for every one of them.
    Boulderman likes this.

17mth old in stable condition now. What a retard that ########!!!
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Tragic in the extreme. Totally preventable. Clearly we are not the most intelligent species.
    Boulderman and xtightg like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

sturg4
    Guns always loaded and the horse always kicks. (Anyone know if this saying came from a very old film I saw when I was a kid called the Sundowner's). First time I heard it an I am just curious. I know its on someone's avatar

I bet kids put the slug gun away in the Cupboard loaded.

No excuse though it should never have been pointed at another human.
    Last edited by Scribe; 07-10-2014 at 05:30 PM.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    fresh off the CHCH PRESS website
    a 17month old temuka child was shot in the back of the head by his father who was removing a loaded air rifle from a wardrobe. the child has been flown to starship hospital.
    my comments are unprintable , but i will say this - if humans are the so called most intelligent of all mammmal species ,the rest are rooted!
    Your right Kotuku

Even evolution isn't perfect ......... some of us are still definitely related more closer to the Apes than others.

Hope the little fella is ok.

Cheers
    Pete

why have a child anywhere near you when you handle any bloody weapon.cousin came round today ,bloody keen shooter -training his grandson whose smackin em over whilst grandad takes some exceptional photography and his reaction was just to shake his head.
    hes 73 ,i turn 60 2weeks today and when i was a kid ,the fucking rule was simple -you dont touch or even go near a firearm unless an adult told you and even then you stayed bloody still.
    Mine are all in my mancave ,and my rule is simple -If i dont like you -about turn and fuck off you aint even gonna get a sniff of gunoil.
    even my own clan (all adults) will not touch my guns nor my chainsaws without my ok- to do so will provoke a charge worthy of any scrub bull with PMT herpes or just fuckin plain bad attitude -I kid you not .I can kill myself easily with either but thats my mistake my doing -I wont accept anyone even getting an injury If those weapons bear my name as I AM RESPONSIBLE-and that fucking includes my air rifle and my BB gun.
    MY POINT- whoever put that air rifle away loaded-we dont know -but ultimately as the adult in the house our role is to set an example whatever it is ,especially in dangerous situations. my kids NEVER touch BBgun or airrifle without my OK or me being present. no ifs buts or exceptions! why decide to take the thing out without being aware of the immediate surrounds first.

Copied this off the ninemsn news site here in oz. Hope the little tacker is ok. Father must be devastated, and so he should be.

9:06am October 7, 2014

New Zealand dad accidentally shoots toddler son in the back of the head

A New Zealand father has accidentally shot his 17-month-old son in the back of the head with an air rifle as he was taking it out of a bedroom wardrobe.

The toddler is in a stable condition in Auckland's Starship Children's Hospital, The Timaru Herald reports.

Police are investigating the incident, which happened on Friday night at Temuka, two hours south of Christchurch.

It is not illegal to own an air rifle without a licence, the newspaper reports.

"As an air rifle was taken out of a wardrobe, it was discharged, hitting a child in the back of the head," Sergeant Geoff McCrostie said.

Canterbury Rural Area Commander Inspector Dave Gaskin said although air rifles could be bought without a firearms licence, "they are not toys and can cause serious harm when used incorrectly"

What the fuck was a loaded air rifle doing in his cupboard, the guy is a moron with very little regard for safety
    nor-west and Boulderman like this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

ebf
    Wow guys, maybe a bit less self-righteous indignation and a bit more compassion for both the father and his wee boy...

Can any of you honestly say that they have NEVER handled a firearm and assumed it was unloaded, or NEVER had the muzzle of a firearm sweep another person ?

It takes a second for something to go wrong.

And until the police investigation is complete and made public, I doubt if any one on here has all the facts...
    SlimySquirrel, BRADS, bing and 1 others like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Words fail me

Auckland, until I can escape south....to Southland.
    I think we'd all confess to making a dum decision with a firearm at least once. I admit I'm pretty paranoid about safety, and I make sure my son / mates are the same. Don't want to cast stones here, maybe a single act of carelessness with tragic consequences. Personally I don't think, if it were me, I'd want to pick up a firearm again. Hope the kid recovers.
    Bol Tackshin likes this.

R93
    I can honestly say I have never put away or secured a loaded and cocked firearm.
    No excuse for that kind of stupidity.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

[QUOTE=R93;302336]I can honestly say I have never put away or secured a loaded and cocked firearm.
    No excuse for that kind of stupidity.

+1
    bumblefoot likes this.