Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Lawyer accidentally takes pistol to court

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    And out shooting on the odd weekend! Oh shit did I say that? Just as well I don't own any then! The laws an ass, you can own em but your not trustworthy enough to use them hunting like to see the figures of accident the police have every year managing their pistols?
    Agree whole heartedly. Just shows a pistol is so very different than a long gun. The amount of misfit tuckfards I see and hear about with long guns and appalling lack of safety handling shown. I am so very glad hand guns can not be accessed by general a cat Joe public hunter and used for hunting in an undisciplined environment.
    Savage1, Tommy and screamO like this.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    yawn
    Brian and gadgetman like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    shouldn't the title be "Dumb shit Lawyer takes handgun to court"
    While the article calls it a handgun, in truth, if it was a "real" handgun rather than the airgun mentioned, I can guarantee the headline would have been along the lines of "Lawyer charged for concealed weapon" or "Armed Lawyer brings handgun to court" or some such. The fact that it rates barely a mention means that, as mentioned in an earlier post" that it was more likely an air pistol. And the headline "Lawyer takes toy gun to court" does not have quite the same ring.........Lets face it, if the media can beat up a frenzy by using a headline, they will, even if it barely connects to the facts.

We all know they wont let facts get in the way of a good story.......see it all the time.