Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Morrinsville Shooting

10 tight shots on a windscreen sounds more like something from a semi-auto .22 than any "MSSA". Or even a repeater CO2 airgun? Anyone got an informative link?

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Someone told me a while back that the police get 30 rounds each to practice with for the year is that true ? glocks with a 9 pound trigger pull ?, in situations like this they should be able to unleash some serious fire power if they had of used a rocket launcher job done could have been sitting back at the social club drinking a well earned speights on Saturday night
    Does not quite sound right but here is my training program for the resource strapped:
    1. Learn to hold the gun tight in one hand (as you will anyway instinctively do in earnest situations), and to let off trigger without dropping the muzzle.
    2. Then raise it, focus eyes on the target and not the front sight (as you will do in an earnest situation), and shoot the target centre mass.
    3. Practice (2.) with the other 29 bullets.

hope he's still got the firearm when the cops catch up with him & he decides to point it at some one. Community does not need scum like this. End of

Definitely confirmed as a 7.62 so SKS, AK etc does it really matter? There is a lot to this situation and the comments about not aiming for Police do not stand up at all when you hear what actually transpired...I'm thankful that the Police involved directly in this incident got to go home to their family's.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Definitely confirmed as a 7.62 so SKS, AK etc does it really matter? There is a lot to this situation and the comments about not aiming for Police do not stand up at all when you hear what actually transpired...I'm thankful that the Police involved directly in this incident got to go home to their family's.
    more holes in the windscreen for an sks even with a 10 round mag. skk maybe? or norinco (etc) 56.
    guarantee it was an illegal firearm looking at the shooters history

The gun went off accidentally. He wasn't really shooting at the police. He had a hard childhood..etc etc Just some of the bs likely to be put forward by a defence lawyer
    scottrods likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

I wouldn't even comment on the grouping until I knew the distance from the shooter to the windscreen.
    Shooter, carlhurley and timattalon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    The gun went off accidentally. He wasn't really shooting at the police. He had a hard childhood..etc etc Just some of the bs likely to be put forward by a defence lawyer
    I salute you on your empathy Pengy, with those less fortunate than youself
    Maca49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    This may get me crucified but here goes. The speed which frontline police replied with small arms fire proves they are armed at all times, now if suitable training was mandatory as well we might not have this current 3 ring circus. Police firearms training appears to be woefully inadequate.
    My uncle was in the police and he said that there's always one cops per x thousand number of people who carry on their person all the time. He also told me about the special tactical squad or something. That was quite interesting. Especially all of the military weapons they have.

Hopefully the police sort this A....hole at soon with no blood spilled but his. I can see cries from the Anti's about further tighter gun laws for the likes of us.
    Sucks every time something like this happens.

I had thought too.

northdude
    how about the judges that continue to let these useless pieces of shit back out to just carry on offending theres no actual deterrant
    Boaraxa likes this.

It's the law makers that need to change the terms if punishment. judges can only hand sentences acording to the law.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    That's kinda true, the judges have a maximum to minimum penalty threshold to pick from to the offence committed. they also take into account other mitigating issues. i.e. 1st/2nd offence ,is justice best served with the offender incarcerated or paying a service to the community. The judge DOES has the last say on the penalty balanced to the crime, and yes the wet bus ticket does seem to be the preferred option
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    My uncle was in the police and he said that there's always one cops per x thousand number of people who carry on their person all the time. He also told me about the special tactical squad or something. That was quite interesting. Especially all of the military weapons they have.
    STG