Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New Gun Laws, Free Standing Pistol Grip Question.

bas
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Since it's an illegal MSSA now but the police are turning a blind eye to it, am I allowed to have other MSSA features? Can I unpin my adjustable stock? Can I stick an 8 round magazine in it? Has anyone thought about it? The official answer will be no, of course.
    Just because the police choose to turn a blind eye, doesn't make it any less illegal. They can choose to prosecute you at anytime they like, their amnesty has no status in law. It only takes one cop in a bad mood to ruin your day!

When the law changed the first time to E Cat I sold my SLR to comply, dumb arse thing to have done in retro, but hey I'm a law abiding citizen, but with all this crap it's getting thin? I guess if you got caught and they stripped you of your FAL and as a bonafide hunter/ shooter you'd just become a baddie, why is it we the responsibles get WACKed for the crims, The police need people like us to be looked after so we can have a great relationship with them and enjoy our chosen past time?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I look forward to the police crackdown in 6 months that will result in armfuls of baby-killing assault weapons being taken off the streets so we can all sleep better at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    When the law changed the first time to E Cat I sold my SLR to comply, dumb arse thing to have done in retro, but hey I'm a law abiding citizen, but with all this crap it's getting thin? I guess if you got caught and they stripped you of your FAL and as a bonafide hunter/ shooter you'd just become a baddie, why is it we the responsibles get WACKed for the crims, The police need people like us to be looked after so we can have a great relationship with them and enjoy our chosen past time?
    Because unlike real criminals they know where to find us.

Based on their (police) performance in the last 10 years, I have no faith in their abilities nor would I trust them at all. I wish I could say otherwise but I cant.

FFS in chch recently it took the victims sister to do all the detective work not those who's job it actually is.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.