Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree602Likes

Thread: New Updated Arms Code 2017

Yep there telling porky pies!
    I'd hold onto that veitnamcam might be like those rear stamps that have been printed wrong but go into publication.
    20years ago they got away with this Scott free!
    Not this time guys get stuck in the future of our sports depends on it
    veitnamcam, gadgetman and Pengy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

I didn't spot that on page 44. But while it is not word for word, it is very similarly written on page 41 in the first paragraph under the "Firearms Licence" topic. The one difference I did notice is in the section you show it states "Asked" where the page 41 statement states "required" as though it is mandatory.

"A licence holder may possess any number of sporting-type rifles and shotguns although you will be required to justify the number of firearms you hold when Police inspect your security."

Last edited by timattalon; 23-05-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Also seems to be a new licence card design as featured on page 41.

As for me justifying why I have x firearms - I might ask them to justify the reasons they're asking in the first place.
    P38, gadgetman, gonetropo and 1 others like this.

Using a PDF document analyser it suggests to me that this file might have actually been created earlier than we'd like to think...

Trapped /False
    ModDate D:20170306153304+13'00'
    CreationDate D:20170306153256+13'00'
    Producer Adobe PDF Library 15.0
    Creator Adobe InDesign CC 2017 (Macintosh)

D:2017 (year) 03 (month) 06 (day)153304 (hh:mm:ss) +13'00' (GMT +13 = NZ time zone).

The above is based on my assumption that they're using American English regional settings (viz mm/dd) and / or U.S. dictionary (given that they have used the word "oriented" in the text as opposed to "orientated" I think this is entirely plausible).

EDIT: Online resource did okay but using Notepad++ and searching for dates I found creation date:

xmp:CreatorTool="Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Macintosh)"
    xmp:CreateDate="2017-02-21T15:01:03+13:00"

Seems they've been cooking this up for a while.
    Last edited by Ryan; 23-05-2017 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Edit: edit
    dogmatix, P38, Wirehunt and 3 others like this.

Can't be any other date format, since 03 June hasn't arrived yet. Your assumptions seem correct.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Using a PDF document analyser it suggests to me that this file might have actually been created earlier than we'd like to think...

Trapped /False
    ModDate D:20170306153304+13'00'
    CreationDate D:20170306153256+13'00'
    Producer Adobe PDF Library 15.0
    Creator Adobe InDesign CC 2017 (Macintosh)

D:2017 (year) 03 (month) 06 (day)153304 (hh:mm:ss) +13'00' (GMT +13 = NZ time zone).

The above is based on my assumption that they're using American English regional settings (viz mm/dd) and / or U.S. dictionary (given that they have used the word "oriented" in the text as opposed to "orientated" I think this is entirely plausible).

EDIT: Online resource did okay but using Notepad++ and searching for dates I found creation date:

xmp:CreatorTool="Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Macintosh)"
    xmp:CreateDate="2017-02-21T15:01:03+13:00"

Just more evidence that the tail wants to wag the dog.

Cheers
    Pete
    Arguing with an Engineer is like Wrestling a Pig in Mud.

After awhile you realise the Pig loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    That has been my gut feeling but you have just proven to us all they are in fact; lying

Yet again obviously... But this one is a really really bad one. And, a TOTAL waste of tax payers money I might add, by-crikey this should go in the epic fail basket or something.

Question - Where in the law does it say you have to open your safe for the police to inspect your firearms? in relations to justifying your firearms

To give you some background - A friend of mine was asked last year when renewing his licence if he would open his safe, he asked why? they said to inspect his firearms for illegal guns "e-cats" and their serial numbers, he politely told them no as this was not the law or a requirement to procure a firearms licence, you can see that my security is of a high standard (has a rather large and heavy safe) and that it hasn't changed in the last 10 years and to get a warrant if they want to see whats inside. Of course they disputed this and tried to "politely convince him" stating this would have a bearing on whether they renew his licence and that he would have "a flag against his name". He stated that again this was not a requirement to get or renew a licence, they left and he got his licence a month later.
    Wirehunt and mikee like this.

I think that when Nicolas Taylor is going to ask those questions to court in June he should be mentioning that part as well.
    Because that will re enforce his argument that police are taking actions outside of what the law authorise them to do.
    keneff likes this.

Tested, water cold, wrong version? To be withdrawn? Or am I wrong?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Anyone read the acknowledgements? I especially like the part "Police appreciate your interest and dedication to arms control"

It looks to me like they expected the law & order recommendations to go thru & they will be allowed to make it up as they please. What I'd like to know is what are the likes of Guncity, H&F, etc doing to keep our firearms rights as they stand to lose a lot if the police get there way?
    veitnamcam, Sideshow and Knoxy_09 like this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Someone asked H&F and their position was neither here nor there. Looks like they don't want to get involved. I choose to do business with politically active dealers.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Wirehunt and gadgetman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Someone asked H&F and their position was neither here nor there. Looks like they don't want to get involved. I choose to do business with politically active dealers.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Views and opinions are like arse holes, everyone has one and they are not always the same. Can't believe you have decided to do your shopping based on the business that has the most political view point. And really but then again you have an arse hole just like me

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Is it is their business that's going to be adversely affected if the continued pernicious law change proposals are going to be passed. If they are being vocal and challenging these unlawful proposals and in turn helping look after my rights / privileges / whatever you believe them to be, then they will most certainly continue to receive my custom.