Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree602Likes

Thread: New Updated Arms Code 2017

Quote Originally Posted by HNTMAD View Post
    So you or "someone" will be ringing head office of all the "hunting" stores to get their political view, and should they all come up with the same, what then. I would imagine if any of them were interested then they would have voiced that already??? Maybe none want to be involved in case it hurts business?? Interesting that this is also formed on a 3rd hand conversation as opposed to horses mouth, but each to their own

H
    A lot of these businesses such as H&F rely on a broad customer base and they wont comment either way as while they may lobby or have views as a company, they may not want to alienate customers who do not share those views. A lot of fisher folk dont hunt have have quite different views on hunting issues and with a lot of outdoor camping gear, a lot of trampers and campers have views that may not match a hunters or firearms owners outlook. We have to understand, that hwile there a re a lot of us, there are others as well and these large companies will need to be diplomatic if they want to keep a large customer base.

Just playing devils advocate here. I can see reasons why a company would not publish its views even though it will likely take steps behind the scenes to support those that do.
    HNTMAD, stretch and doubleRB like this.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    A lot of these businesses such as H&F rely on a broad customer base and they wont comment either way as while they may lobby or have views as a company, they may not want to alienate customers who do not share those views. A lot of fisher folk dont hunt have have quite different views on hunting issues and with a lot of outdoor camping gear, a lot of trampers and campers have views that may not match a hunters or firearms owners outlook. We have to understand, that hwile there a re a lot of us, there are others as well and these large companies will need to be diplomatic if they want to keep a large customer base.

Just playing devils advocate here. I can see reasons why a company would not publish its views even though it will likely take steps behind the scenes to support those that do.
    Hence my further and subsequent comments.

H

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post

diplomatic? you mean PC? All to scared to do anything except make money?
    Gibo, shift14, Tommy and 2 others like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Skitsokiwi View Post
    Question - Where in the law does it say you have to open your safe for the police to inspect your firearms? in relations to justifying your firearms

To give you some background - A friend of mine was asked last year when renewing his licence if he would open his safe, he asked why? they said to inspect his firearms for illegal guns "e-cats" and their serial numbers, he politely told them no as this was not the law or a requirement to procure a firearms licence, you can see that my security is of a high standard (has a rather large and heavy safe) and that it hasn't changed in the last 10 years and to get a warrant if they want to see whats inside. Of course they disputed this and tried to "politely convince him" stating this would have a bearing on whether they renew his licence and that he would have "a flag against his name". He stated that again this was not a requirement to get or renew a licence, they left and he got his licence a month later.
    exactly what happened to me
    mikee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    exactly what happened to me
    I too had a similar experience last renewal too. It was infered that my renewal might be held up if I didn't comply. I politely declined and license arrived
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Some people just refuse to see what's right in front of them. They'll deny it no matter the evidence of this crap.

The police got caught lying and FOUNZ exposed that and the minister saw it and pulled it and the police lied again to try cover their tracks.
    Wirehunt, veitnamcam, Ryan and 4 others like this.

I had my security inspection due to moving houses and the vetting officer wanted to see my E and B cat firearms which I obliged. However he said it'll be good if I could let him see/examine my A cat ones too which I said erm no. He replied that he understood but was going to write on the renewal form the following details - xx endorsed firearms and xx sporting firearms. Which I said ok just to get him to go away partially satisfied.

Dropped my completed paperwork for my renewal this morning at the local station, desk guy asked me if I had received a copy of the new Arms Code & told me to bin it as they have been told to withdraw them, some sort of printing issue he said
    He was a bit brassed off at the wasted money side of it.

Good to see the Minister stepping in too, all the emails etc are having an effect.
    P38 and Wirehunt like this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    Some people just refuse to see what's right in front of them. They'll deny it no matter the evidence of this crap.

The police got caught lying and FOUNZ exposed that and the minister saw it and pulled it and the police lied again to try cover their tracks.
    Once a pack of liars, always a pack of liars. Interesting to note that NZPA and PNHQ were totally working together on this. Having the PA say one thing and then claim it's just the view of the PA, not police in general is one thing. If they are happy with Cahill lying through his teeth (which they clearly are, as they're hand in hand here), then I'm sorry that makes PNHQ a pack of lying bastards too. Crooked lying bastards that are our police force. Just awesome.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Once a pack of liars, always a pack of liars. Interesting to note that NZPA and PNHQ were totally working together on this. Having the PA say one thing and then claim it's just the view of the PA, not police in general is one thing. If they are happy with Cahill lying through his teeth (which they clearly are, as they're hand in hand here), then I'm sorry that makes PNHQ a pack of lying bastards too. Crooked lying bastards that are our police force. Just awesome.
    Exactly, PNHQ have never refuted any of cahils statements. They agree with his intent and dont care how they get there. Ill make a point of not helping the plod if they need it. Sorry officer, didnt see which way the man went.

I tried to grab a copy today from my local police station, no such luck as they have been "withdrawn" desk clerk was not happy about the total waste of resources& money. His words not mine.

[QUOTE=Danger Mouse;597240]Exactly, PNHQ have never refuted any of cahils statements. They agree with his intent and dont care how they get there. Ill make a point of not helping the plod if they need it. Sorry officer, didnt see which way the man went.[/QUOTE]

That's not very helpful to the rest of us either though, which is in essence why they are doing it in the first place.
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I tried to grab a copy today from my local police station, no such luck as they have been "withdrawn" desk clerk was not happy about the total waste of resources& money. His words not mine.
    An instant collectors item now.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    That's not very helpful to the rest of us either though, which is in essence why they are doing it in the first place.
    The thin blue front line also have to put up with PNHQ directives. Same with management in any sector, private or public. Definitely look after the guys.
    Wirehunt likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I grabbed 3 yesterday and the reporter from the stuff article posted yesterday grabbed one there and then too.
    Wirehunt likes this.