Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Not getting shot or shooting someone by mistake

It is important gun should not to be given to person who don't have knowldge of shooting and gun safety rules. There are many cases that person accidentally shot to himself or to other person. Good firearm training should be required to get gun safety rules and to improve shooting skills.

I was in a flyin block recently (6 days)
    Two of us were walking thru bush along a trail, wind in our favour when we heard a mew to the left, we got into semi stealth mode and investigated about 75m off the track. I reckon that mew was close and no more than that distance, we came across a heap of bush lawyer so gave up and continued on with our plan for the day.
    We walked along the track for approx another 500m until we broke out into the tussock, found a nice spot to sit down and have a breather and snack. We must of been there 20 mins we behind us we heard branch's breaking, shit we instantly thought STAG, turned around with rifle pointing in direction of some young guy bush bashing thru our block.
    Transpired that he was on the other side of the mew that we heard and was hunting hard, about the only time I can thank the good old bush lawyer.
    Thats one story on our hunt told.

Thought I would just throw this in here - Blaze Camouflage - Safety while hunting - I did a little reading into how deer see, what we see, and then took a pile of camo out into the bush, and took a pile of photos.

Personally, blue disappears with the light quicker than orange.

If you are wearing old blaze, you might as well not bother.

Not of this is relevant if the person behind the rifle lets his ego overwhelm the basic requirements of firearm safety. However, I am going to to do all I can do to ensure my personal safety.

It's been interesting how many older hunters I have run into over the last couple of weeks who refuse to hunt during the roar anymore.
    precisionshooter.co.nz - precision rifle

When I was 14 carrying a deer out of the bush, some clown shot the deer on my back, I didn't realise wha had happened for a few seconds and then dived behind a tree and yelled out, my father on hearing the shot thought I had shot another deer and was coming in from another direction to help carry them out. He was in time to see the shooter lining up on the deer again for another shot.....for fuck sake! It seems when I jumped behind the tree, the deer on my back was still visible. The old man smashed the Guy and then wrapped his Browning Bar around a tree and took it to the cop shop telling the owner to pick it up from there.( to my knowledge it was never picked up from the cop shop). The cop of the Town being a very endearing kind of arse was gonna charge the Old Man with assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveh054 View Post
    When I was 14 carrying a deer out of the bush, some clown shot the deer on my back, I didn't realise wha had happened for a few seconds and then dived behind a tree and yelled out, my father on hearing the shot thought I had shot another deer and was coming in from another direction to help carry them out. He was in time to see the shooter lining up on the deer again for another shot.....for fuck sake! It seems when I jumped behind the tree, the deer on my back was still visible. The old man smashed the Guy and then wrapped his Browning Bar around a tree and took it to the cop shop telling the owner to pick it up from there.( to my knowledge it was never picked up from the cop shop). The cop of the Town being a very endearing kind of arse was gonna charge the Old Man with assault.
    Far Canal that is scary!!
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Fuk Steve, thats horrendous, worst story ive heard yet........even though i have only been hunting for a year, i made the concious decision to not go over the 4 days easter breaks....too many once a year hunters with their mates fukin Yeharring with buck fever!!!!!
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Bloody hell Steve. Another reason why there should be. "Fuck me dead" emoticon in the line up.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms