Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: NZ Police Press release

Quote Originally Posted by FletchNZ View Post
    Yes lets all blame an inanimate object, surely its not the parent fault leaving the kid unsupervised with an air rifle.
    The kid should have better (i.e. have been taught by his parents) not to point rifles at people.
    veitnamcam and Toby like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The kid should have known better (i.e. have been taught by his parents) not to point rifles at people.
    I'm drilling that into my 4yr/old nephews mind. Instead of cops and robbers its bird hunting with uncle Toby and we walk around and he shoots birds instead(plastic gun)
    Ryan likes this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

The NZ Police pamphlet can be downloaded here: Nzp Mssa Pamphlet 3 Panel 3.12.13b
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    ebf you are correct with your math. 8><-----

The thing that concerns me the most about the (clear to me) decline is that 95 in every 100 people I meet have little or no experience of the place that firearms have in our history as a nation and our cultural background / way of life as a people.

I may be alone in this concern but in a future over populated world where clean water becomes a highly sort after resource that wars will likely be waged over, it worries me that New Zealand society may have completely lost the ability to bear arms in defence of its resources.
    Yep, I get the distinct impression these days that abundant fossil fuel/energy has seen most ppl disconnect from the reality of producing same. Passing Peak oil in 2006 was a non-event, denying we wont have shortages of fuel, food and water while we breed like rabbits is dis-connected, that means we face pest control (wars).

So yeah, water comes out of a tap, power out of a socket and food off a shelf. No concern, just what's the latest iphone and app and what desktop piccy looks cool. Me Im pissed that my 2005 phone fell apart, now I have a "smart phone" the features of which I dont use and the f***king battery now lasts 3 days and not 7~8. Meanwhile I stand on the range at Trentham and look at real scenery around me and think how lucky I am to be out enjoying it.
    veitnamcam and Happy like this.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Hope no one out there with only a A-cat has a semi auto shotgun with a mag extension to get more than 7 cartridges in! I need a E cat for my goose gun!!!
    Name:  MSSA.png
Views: 233
Size:  35.3 KB

I was basicly unsupervised with an air rifle from 6years old,packet of 500 pellets every week and to this day haven't held up a dairy or service station.
    EeeBees and Maca49 like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Here's another take on blaming an inanimated object. Back in 1962 at 5 years of age, my parents had deemed that I was perfectly capable of handling my Gecado mod 22 pellet gun. Whilst they stood 5 metres away and discussed whatever it was adults spoke of in 1962, I pulled the trigger on a slug aimed exactly between my big and next toe. The doctor deemed the pellet too complex to remove. It remains there to this day, 52 years on. The inanimated object( being a Gecado model 22 ) was never considered the cause by my parents. This remains with me hence. The Accidental Discharge was my mistake. Lesson learnt.

Parental supervision is false 'security' in the times we live in and shouldn't be considered fail safe, in my opinion. EBF is right, no good will come from parental supervision, be it with a hammer, replica butter knife or slug gun. It's all just between the ears unfortunately.

Oh, bugger...I worked at being a prison officer too. Supervision from that angle won't work either. Try it.

Yip. I for one hear what you say Steven. Enjoy NZ implicitly before it's entirely foreign owned and even more over populated. One just needs to travel a little of the world to see what the rabbit breeding has procured.

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by misfire View Post
    Parental supervision is false 'security' in the times we live in and shouldn't be considered fail safe, in my opinion. EBF is right, no good will come from parental supervision, be it with a hammer, replica butter knife or slug gun. It's all just between the ears unfortunately
    Misfire, I think you may have misread or misunderstood my post. It was a bit of sarcasm, pointing out the folks using replica firearms to commit crime are mostly teens or adults, not really under parental supervision anymore

I'm all for responsible parents teaching youngsters how to use real firearms in a controlled environment. I'd much rather a kid be taught to respect a real firearm than be given a toy or replica, and run around unsupervised, pointing it at everything and everybody.

Hope that makes more sense
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute