Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: oh bugger

northdude
    wonder did he get the option of upsizing it

R93
    Already bleeding hearts reporting he was about to give up.

What if he kills or injures a few people while covered by police and cops say oh we were sure he was about to give up........ Yeah right.

He took a firearm and waved it around and discharged it in a public place.
    He dictated how he was to be controlled by putting police on the spot and forcing them to make real time, life changing decisions.
    They did what they were employed to do. End of story.

Reasoning and piss weak people with bleeding hearts lost all and any say the moment he brought a firearm into a public place and was using it in a threatening manner.

Stupid frigging people.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam, Bryan, Dundee and 9 others like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

And Kevin Clements has reared his head again - "Let's do what Australia does", "register all firearms" blah blah...

New Zealand's gun laws 'need to be tougher' - expert - National - NZ Herald News
    southernredneck likes this.

R93
    Yup Australian gun laws have stopped all firearms related crimes there eh?

For a professor he is pretty stupid or just plain obtuse.

Bryan, Savage1, steven and 2 others like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Yup Australian gun laws have stopped all firearms related crimes there eh?

For a professor he is pretty stupid or just plain obtuse.

I'm disappointed the media prints such rubbish, surely they should be liable for spreading misinformation.

And so the rhetoric begins - "there is a firearms problem in new zealand"

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...nz-q09707.html

Quote Originally Posted by scottrods View Post
    And so the rhetoric begins - "there is a firearms problem in new zealand"

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...nz-q09707.html
    LoL, 1.45 gun deaths per 100 000 according to Wiki (don't know how out of date these stats are, don't have time to go deeper right now) does not suggest a "firearms problem". "One swallow does not not a summer make".
    Tommy likes this.

especially to the frontline police officer now facing months if not years of investigation and review.[/QUOTE]

No offence EBF, but they take on the consequences when they volunteer to take on the responsibility of pulling the trigger.....just saying....'if you cant stand the heat......'
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Wondering if O'Connor said that or whether that's what the media wanted him to say. He's generally been supportive of legit gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    LoL, 1.45 gun deaths per 100 000 according to Wiki (don't know how out of date these stats are, don't have time to go deeper right now) does not suggest a "firearms problem". "One swallow does not not a summer make".
    Makes for bloody great blow job though
    AzumitH likes this.

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    especially to the frontline police officer now facing months if not years of investigation and review.

No offence EBF, but they take on the consequences when they volunteer to take on the responsibility of pulling the trigger.....just saying....'if you cant stand the heat......'
    Scouser - I don't think any police officer in NZ wakes up looking forward to having to do what one had to yesterday... In fact, if you look at the amount of turmoil that goes on in any officer involved in a shooting, it surprises me that they pull the trigger at all. It affects not just that cop, but his wife and children, his immediate colleagues etc. Very few jobs around where the stakes are that high. Ask any cop and they will tell you a good day is when EVERYBODY (including the offender) is alive and well at the end.
    Toby and Scouser like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Scouser - I don't think any police officer in NZ wakes up looking forward to having to do what one had to yesterday... In fact, if you look at the amount of turmoil that goes on in any officer involved in a shooting, it surprises me that they pull the trigger at all. It affects not just that cop, but his wife and children, his immediate colleagues etc. Very few jobs around where the stakes are that high. Ask any cop and they will tell you a good day is when EVERYBODY (including the offender) is alive and well at the end.
    EBF I totally agree with you, i worded my reply hopefully with tact, but if you are going to accept that position of responsibility im sure im correct in assuming they give the officers the full consequences of their actions and the inevitable emotion aftermath....

otherwise the hierarchy are not doing their job properly....same for Fire/Police officers picking up body parts on the motorway ect.....my mates a Fireman, he's told me some horrific tales from the job....

thats my point, dont pull the trigger unless you are 100% certain there was no other course of action....hope this explains my post better....somebody has to do it, unfortunately!!!!!
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

The cbd was totally locked down on my way into Wellington from uppers last night, sad day indeed. For everyone involed. Can't begin to imagine how the cop who did the deed must feel.

Sent from my ZTE R83 using Tapatalk
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

LBD
    I wonder if he was licensed...?

It states he had a criminal record... so maybe not...

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    quite a few on this forum , are not exactly pro-police , ... will proberly say they should have just opened a gate and he would have gone in of his own accord ....tongue in cheek
    Unfortunately Stumpy they keep voting for Greg O'Connor.

"Greg is a Senior Sergeant in Police, seconded full time to the Association National Office. Elected to the position in 1995, Greg is the longest serving President in the Association's history. Following the Police Association's 2013 Annual Conference, Greg was reappointed for a further term through to 2016."

The front line Police don't necessarily agree with his nonsense but it is a dangerous precedent when the Police actively campaign to change laws. That is the essence of a Police State.

Now every time something happens we have this to look forward to.

On the other hand i don't blame them in the slightest for shooting him. I would have done the same. It's the blaming the firearms/firearm law part that doesn't get any respect.