Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: This question again

Oh that's right they have a copy! They just want to do their own thing as well!
    mikee likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    O
    Can you ensure every AO in NZ gets a copy of this and abide by it? Fat chance I'd say. The fact this thread exists shows you what a mess the system is in IMHO
    Oh that's right they have a copy! They just want to do their own thing as well!
    Silly talk. A man of your age should know better.
    Savage1 likes this.

Still like to know what they want the serial numbers for? Do they want a new data base?
    If so you will see an increase in your FAC fee.

I was happy enough to supply my serial numbers. Didn't realize I had a choice. IMO I don't see any issues with it if they were going to create a database, on the other hand I can't work out why the wanted mine because I might sell them all tomorrow and I only have to sight there FAL.
    veitnamcam and Beaker like this.

R93
    You can store ammo in your safe in a locked box but if you do, your bolts have to be out of the firearm.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    screamO likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

hi All

I have an AO coming over sometime in the next couple of weeks to check my safe and talk to the Mrs etc and all these posts are getting me worried.
    At the moment i have a safe of stout construction and at the top of it inside the safe i have a compartment with another door and lock on it, this is where i was planning to store my bolts and ammunition.
    so even if you get the main door open you still have to defeat another lock to get to the bolts and ammunnition.

Does this sound like it will comply?
    Cheers

R93
    Yes. You don't even have to open the safe to show him anything unless you have restricted firearms he is checking on.

Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    Silly talk. A man of your age should know better.
    Mate I just get sick of the protection, listen to this thread and tell me there's not a problem there is and it's fairly wide spread!
    Shooter and hamsav like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I was asked the other day, if it would be ok to have a firearm (any, shotgun, pistol or rifle - e or a), at your hand, inside, IF there were a lock down in progress due to armed folk expecticed in the area. This was around the time of those guys in the NI running around with guns and schools being shut etc....
    So you do feel for you or yours life, due to nut jobs running around close to you, as notified by news and police, you have time to get to guns, bolts and ammo.
    If they do come onto your property, waving a gun in a threatening way to you or family, you allow them to remain on the ground until ambulance/black car removes them, then how to you fare in the law?

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    When asked this question I said it would be unlikely the assailant would allow me to open my safe to retrieve a firearm then grab some ammo from another location.
    He thought it was a good answer but I was just thinking it was the one he wanted to hear.

I would do anything to protect my family and friends.

Property is insured and can be replaced. So if that is all was what I thought they were interested in, I would just leave them to it.

Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Oh and mine are in a E cat safe, ammo in a A cat safe, and both in a room of stout construction (inc steel framed and internal hinged doors, etc..) not only for police but for my own mental well being. It would piss me off if some dirt bag got their hands on my gear with out me allowing it.
    And i know the police dont need numbers etc, but i kind of trust the police system in nz, so dont mind giving them numbers if they ask. Plus we have a excellant AO here, really approachable and just a good barstard - but no bullshit/gray either way. Lucky we are....
    Savage1, R93, mikee and 2 others like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan88 View Post
    hi All

I have an AO coming over sometime in the next couple of weeks to check my safe and talk to the Mrs etc and all these posts are getting me worried.
    At the moment i have a safe of stout construction and at the top of it inside the safe i have a compartment with another door and lock on it, this is where i was planning to store my bolts and ammunition.
    so even if you get the main door open you still have to defeat another lock to get to the bolts and ammunnition.

Does this sound like it will comply?
    Cheers
    so why is he gunna talk to her is it her license or yours

res
    His, but in NZ they chat to those close to you so any reluctance on there part to you having guns can be looked into.
    It's one of the best things in our licensing system and for most people it really helps them out in there application.
    stretch likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    His, but in NZ they chat to those close to you so any reluctance on there part to you having guns can be looked into.
    It's one of the best things in our licensing system and for most people it really helps them out in there application.
    Bit hard when they ask you to describe your relationship with your wife while shes in the room, hahahaha, the good thing is she gets asked the same question, I dont blush often! I take it an astute person would pick up the vibs of a relationship walking into a situation. I think you are meant to be spoken to separately and in some cases this would be of advantage. I thought the guy that just did mine was great, but we were of the same age group.also my independent referee was a person well known to the AO. I think that is important, He also speaks the truth, he told me the other day there are some that use him that he flags
    Older wiser man that one.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Silly talk. A man of your age should know better.[/QUOTE]

Just about spilt my cuppa on that one Haha
    Maca49 likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Mate I just get sick of the protection, listen to this thread and tell me there's not a problem there is and it's fairly wide spread!
    There most certainly is a problem, a problem with firearms being taken from substandard security and a relaxed attitude to firearm security.

I have been listening to this thread, but correct me if I'm wrong but it was started by a person who misunderstood the law and was inflamed by people who didn't bother to check the law.