Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: SHot fired over cops head.

SHot fired over cops head.

Shot fired over police officer's head during search and rescue operation | Stuff.co.nz
    They were looking for my bro inlaw. lol.
    Dude will get a slap with wet bus ticket.

All he has to do is claim he had no sinister intent. After all, that's the reason Police investigators gave for not pressing charges against HDPA and co.
    veitnamcam, mikee, Maca49 and 2 others like this.

He shouted at him before firing, full well knowing someone was there. Is that not bad enough?

Must have ongoing issues with poachers or such

What was the story with your bro in law?

That is a pretty quite road, I have friends that live there, and I had a call from one of the lost guys mates asking if I knew the area very well. Small world

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

So it's ok to send warning volleys over peoples heads. That is what I take away from this story.

Great, I'm going to start doing that. I might open a new crate of tracers to celebrate.

Fucken watch out, if you are permit pig hunting in forestry between levin and shannon I suggest you stay in the pines.

Last time I let 5 guys and their mutts walk because I didn't want a gunfight, they jumped the fence to get a mob of pigs a few hundred meters into the farm paddocks. I had superior fire position on a hill. Continuing the logical sequence of events with the new precedent of warning shots, it would also be reasonable to shoot directly at them if they return fire?

(devils advocate)

Old mate is getting charged? So there is no precedent saying it's ok. Unless he gets off.
    veitnamcam likes this.

It just seems he is getting off lightly for using a firearm against a police officer to frighten or annoy.

Quote Originally Posted by tararua View Post
    So it's ok to send warning volleys over peoples heads. That is what I take away from this story.

Great, I'm going to start doing that. I might open a new crate of tracers to celebrate.

Fucken watch out, if you are permit pig hunting in forestry between levin and shannon I suggest you stay in the pines.

Last time I let 5 guys and their mutts walk because I didn't want a gunfight, they jumped the fence to get a mob of pigs a few hundred meters into the farm paddocks. I had superior fire position on a hill. Continuing the logical sequence of events with the new precedent of warning shots, it would also be reasonable to shoot directly at them if they return fire?

(devils advocate)
    Only the police and the army can return fire, doesn't that tell you something?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by tararua View Post
    It just seems he is getting off lightly for using a firearm against a police officer to frighten or annoy.
    Presumably that's the only thing they could charge him with

no word of charges yet. bro left 1 car at bottom and drive to the top then were meant to mtb ride down to first car, about 4 hour ride but took a wrong turn then did everything wrong. didn't get help early enough then left the track to take a short cut and got bluffed. Spent a cold wet night in the bush got out in about 30 mins at first light,

even if not charged should he be allowed to keep his licence?

Jesus - What's it all coming to??
    Used to be a fine wine - now I'm vinegar.

Wish the reporters would get it right, a sawn off shot gun was seized but it was a cut down .22 rifle. any way don`t worry if the police shoot at you, they never seem to hit anything, going by all the wounding.

Police maintain the verbal policy, you are never under any circumstances, even under threat of death, allowed to use a firearm against another person.

The courts show another story. Many people have used firearms in self defense in NZ recently without being prosecuted or even liable. One gentleman in the horowhenua recently peppered three nomad gang members and their car with a shotgun. They claimed the younger brother owed money, can't pay, we want a turn on yer missus, usual story. They got buckshot instead. This was subject to media blackout because it aids the narrative, firearms are good defense against gang members. This makes Chris Cahill and the United Nations Disarmament Program sad.

If they are going to pursue one policy of never allowed guns for self defense, an even application of law is what I want. Let alone marking your territory and waving a gun around like a nut and shooting rounds over peoples heads.

I am personally advocating castle doctrine and concealed carry for NZ. This is my agenda. I dislike the inconsistent application of police policy and the law.

If that old guy was maori, he would be fucked. Look at the rotorua maori guy who may or may not have let one off at the police pinching his dope. How do you even hear a bullet sail by if you are flying a chopper? (unless it was tracers)