Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Shots fired on the North Shore

Ejected

Shots fired on the North Shore

A 49-year-old man has been arrested following an armed offenders call out in Auckland's North Shore.

A flatmate of the man called police to an Awaruku Rd, Torbay address around 5pm, saying he had an air rifle, officer on the scene Shanan Gray said.

About 12 police officers spent the next three hours trying to coax the man from the house. Another 12 members of the armed offenders squad with dogs were called in to assist.

It's not known whether any shots were fired by the man, but none were fired by police, Gray said.

The male flatmate was able to leave the house and speak with police, and no one was injured, Gray said.

It's unclear what the man was doing with the air rifle, and police will seek to determine if he has any mental health conditions.

The cordons around the surrounding streets will be cleared shortly.

Taken from the stuff website. This kind of shit really fucks me off! Headline of 'shots fired' then say not sure if shots were fired. The reporter should be fired.
    Toby likes this.

Ejected

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Taken from the stuff website. This kind of shit really fucks me off! Headline of 'shots fired' then say not sure if shots were fired. The reporter should be fired.
    I agree with you totaly. This is the emotive stuff of "Talk back radio."

Things have changed.I spent all my childhood running round the neighbourhood with an air rifle in my hand, along with all my mates
    veitnamcam likes this.

Me too,to both Maca and Nibblet.

Is there not some agency or group the media belongs to that you can report this drivel to kinda like a MTA or master builders type thing?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Things have changed.I spent all my childhood running round the neighbourhood with an air rifle in my hand, along with all my mates
    Same here I think I was 7 or 8 and got given an air rifle and told "go shoot some birds". Farm though, not the burbs.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Me too,to both Maca and Nibblet.

Is there not some agency or group the media belongs to that you can report this drivel to kinda like a MTA or master builders type thing?
    Not sure to be honest. Was going to leave a comment but didn't have the option on that article. That and I didn't want to be a whinging bastard, just come do it on here haha

They said on the news that a high powered rifle was fired and stuff says air rifle so who has the facts right one news or stuff?. Either way it pisses me off to no end when I hear about firearms being used in the wrong manner just makes it harder for the rest of us.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Ejected
    I agree but it's the fear mongering and deliberate deception in this case just to get people to click the article which infuriates me.
    Damages people's already frail and misguided view of firearms.

They have a lot to answer for.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Complain here:

New Zealand Press Council

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I agree Tahr that there is a due process but the list of latest rulings on the right hand side of that website amply demonstrates that this could be just as frustrating. I only looked at the first six and they had all been not been upheld.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

The article I read on Yahoo NZ said high powered air rifle. I was hoping you gents could tell me where to get one. Maybe he was up on a mountain and the air was higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    I agree Tahr that there is a due process but the list of latest rulings on the right hand side of that website amply demonstrates that this could be just as frustrating. I only looked at the first six and they had all been not been upheld.
    I put the link up because someone (above) asked who you could complain to. Your comments are valid R.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
    The article I read on Yahoo NZ said high powered air rifle. I was hoping you gents could tell me where to get one. Maybe he was up on a mountain and the air was higher.
    Hate to say it but there is a fair bit of the typical bullshit/hype in this vid, but it does show what they are capable of.

Extreme Airgun Hunting: Jacobs Four Horn Ram with Benjamin Rogue .357 Big Bore Air Rifle - YouTube

A policeman was killed not that long ago here in NZ (a rare event our police don't carry arms as a matter of course) with an air rifle of much less power than this one, it resulted in some law changes of course and in this case I think for the better(now theres a nice change!)

There is(or was) vids of bison and bear being taken with air rifles on u tube.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.