Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Should Have Been More Than a Warning

IMO it comes down to whether your actions are creating a victim out of someone, direct or indirect. A person smoking weed is a victimless crime and I couldn't give a toss if someone wants to do it. It becomes a problem if they choose to drive a vehicle under the influence. But that is the same with alcohol.
    Wirehunt, res and Jexla like this.

Ejected
    Do some research on pot. Don't worry about the buzz side but look at all the facts. Biodegradable plastics, medicinal (LOTS), clothing blahblah blah.... It really is a huge list, just look at the tax take legal pot is very good to, just look at some of the states in america that have legalized and read the stats.

Ejected
    Just think about the per hectare return rate if we got into it properly, WAAAY better than milk. But we'll miss the boat as usual, instead of leading the world we'll drag our sorry arses.

And no, I don't smoke the shit. Does nothing for me.
    Pointer and Deetleaves like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    Just think about the per hectare return rate if we got into it properly, WAAAY better than milk. But we'll miss the boat as usual, instead of leading the world we'll drag our sorry arses.

And no, I don't smoke the shit. Does nothing for me.
    I am sure that one of the biggest players in USA is in fact a an ex dairy farming Kiwi. Seem to recall a figure of 82 million US$ being forcast for his company turnover
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Couldn't agree more Wirehunt. With our global image of clean green NZ we could be world leaders in medicinal cannabis production as well as the private use sector. But as you say we will sit in our hands and lose the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    Legally meant to lug it with you?

Not being allowed to leave a gun unattended is not the same as legally meant to lug it with you.

If you were that worried about not breaking the law, why wouldn't you take the gun home and lock it away before getting fish and chips?

Only a fucking idiot would think they should take their gun with them shopping, rather than take it home first and lock it away.
    And when I drive to the Toby shoot later in the year? When I'll be driving for about 9 hours plus a 4 hour ferry ride. Will I have to make sure I don't shut the door when I go to the toilets? You think that when I feel the urge along my journey I will have to turn around and do home so I can lock my gear away? Who is the idiot? The guy around here that had his face shoved in the dirt for carrying a rifle bag on his back!

Sometimes the law is an ass and you simply have to work around it. If you can at least show you have tried to comply as much as possible you should be fine.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    And when I drive to the Toby shoot later in the year? When I'll be driving for about 9 hours plus a 4 hour ferry ride. Will I have to make sure I don't shut the door when I go to the toilets? You think that when I feel the urge along my journey I will have to turn around and do home so I can lock my gear away? Who is the idiot? The guy around here that had his face shoved in the dirt for carrying a rifle bag on his back!

Sometimes the law is an ass and you simply have to work around it. If you can at least show you have tried to comply as much as possible you should be fine.
    Talking of the ferry. What do you all do when rifle (s) are in car and you are taking a ride across the water?
    I don't recall seeing any facilty for storage onboard
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Talking of the ferry. What do you all do when rifle (s) are in car and you are taking a ride across the water?
    I don't recall seeing any facilty for storage onboard
    The rules are that you hand them over when you book in and they hand them back at the other end. I checked the T's and C's.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Whoops !

I didn't think that ANYONE read the T`s and C`s
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    The rules are that you hand them over when you book in and they hand them back at the other end. I checked the T's and C's.
    Same goes for the other stretch of water in nz. Have to make sure bolts are out though

Just checked Bluebridge and they say you have to declare them, but no mention of handing them over for safe storage
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Pengy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Whoops !

I didn't think that ANYONE read the T`s and C`s
    Yeah, I do. %(|:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    I don't think anyone even the police evidently believe smoking weed makes you not a fit and proper person. Nor does it mean, like you HAVE suggested, that you'd be willing to break laws that would make you not a fit and proper person.

A willingness to break the law, even a stupid law is still going to reflect on the person. What I am suggesting that people consider, is are you willing to break the law? What does this say about your respect for the law? And at what point does a law become stupid? Who makes that call?
    Micky Duck and Ben-tard like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    IMO it comes down to whether your actions are creating a victim out of someone, direct or indirect. A person smoking weed is a victimless crime and I couldn't give a toss if someone wants to do it. It becomes a problem if they choose to drive a vehicle under the influence. But that is the same with alcohol.
    Indirect victimless crime??? Buying weed is not taxed, therefore you are depriving the NZ taxpayer of money that could be used to support the country....Health, education, police....more tax income equals more budget for the govt to allocate where it is needed. Everyone becomes a victim.

Giving money to gangs that supply drugs...encourages and finances other criminal activity.....= more indirect victims.

Buying from a non gang grower- Undeclared income-they wont pay tax on it either.

Make it legal and tax it - no problem from me. Tax it, study it.

Alcohol also causes victims. But there is tax on booze put into the general fund which part of is also used to counter the negative aspects such as financing hospitals to deal with injuries etc. It still creates victims but it addresses some of the issues as well. (or trys to)
    Wirehunt and Ben-tard like this.