Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree230Likes

Thread: Sick of it all. Off to war.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Having trouble sleeping print this lot off..

In my onion I reckon you ll be dozing off before page 4....
    Your onion is ill informed and has no right being an onion. Ha ha ha ha.
    Sidney, gadgetman, Bernie and 1 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by tararua View Post
    I am writing to you all in the hope of revving up the internet hate machine even more. I know a lot of you have been contacting local representatives lately, I ask you to double your efforts.

Police Association, who may represent a few senior members of NZPD, are out of touch with majority of officers on front line.

They are focusing on criminalizing law abiding citizens, and getting speed tickets to plug their leaky revenue. This is at the expense of the meth and related burglary epidemic. Our country is drowning in drugs, my scientist friend at a university has been spectroscopying synthetic cannabis lately, they have found lots of PCP or angeldust turning up in it.

My solution, call, send letters and berate our local representatives. I am going to be calling as many as possible over the next two days. I am not going to stop until I am asked to stop calling.

I am going to be asking why Chris Cahill's focus is on law abiding gun owners in the midst of what is possibly our worst drug crisis. I am going to ask why foreign fishing boats and mega offshore processing ships plunder our waters. I am going to ask why we don't scan incoming mail under a certain size/value for drugs. I am going to ask if the firearms report will be done and dusted by the election, or will it loom waiting for the next gun grabbers to come along in the next government. I am going to ask why are we putting 90,000 immigrants per year first and citizens second. I am going to ask if we can turn off the immigrant taps so one day I might be able to get a job and buy a house. I am going to ask why WINZ is shipping in foreign workers for freezing works while I am a trained butcher who was blackballed by alliance group limited (after they chopped my finger off and sacked me to avoid liability, no compensation) and can't get a job in the industry. I am going to ask where are all the jobs to stop kids turning to crime for work.

Why the heck can't we patrol our waters? We have how many private citizens in the jet boat club, but not one bloody speed boat in our navy to patrol what is going to be one of the worlds largest marine territories.

This is no longer about police association and a few lone anti gunners. It is about police not being able to do their job and this place turning to shit.

If anyone else has some good questions I can ask I am all ears. I am going to dedicate my full energy to this and hopefully make NZ better than I found it.
    Anyway. I like your idea. If they are being fed biased information from one side then that should be balanced with some well thought out alternatives based on the truth that we know from this side.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Right I just saw this article and a few things jumped out at me. Soaring immigration levels positive for economy, no reason for xenophobic politics | Stuff.co.nz

"Immigrants in Auckland contribute much more to taxation and economic benefits. Therefore, their net contribution is higher than the local population."

There will be some new migrants competing with Kiwi workers for some low-value jobs, but they are in the minority.

Skilled migrants make up 60 per cent of total immigrants. With these new arrivals come new business, new investment and new connections with key export markets.
    There you go, 36,000 odd unskilled migrants coming in each year to compete with locals for jobs. Seems like they are winning. This is all I have to say on this topic.

I would like to move the discussion from us being on the backfoot defending our reasons and right to own semi autos, to discussing crime and how we can solve it.

Violent armed robberies on dairy owners have increased a lot as taxes have gone up on cigarettes. I am not a smoker, but are we putting a public health goal ahead of the personal safety of dairy owners?

Would dairys get robbed if the owners were allowed to defend themselves with the same sometimes lethal force the burglar brings?

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by tararua View Post
    There you go, 36,000 odd unskilled migrants coming in each year to compete with locals for jobs. Seems like they are winning. This is all I have to say on this topic.
    I am an immigrant

The reason migrants are winning is coz they are willing to turn up, do the work, and not whinge....

And hey, if you want to stop immigration, wait till all your kiwi brothers currently working over in Aus get sent back (fair is fair), and you have to compete with them... Then we will see who starts crying...

Just saying
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    I am an immigrant

The reason migrants are winning is coz they are willing to turn up, do the work, and not whinge....
    Your better than us? Is that what your saying?
    You had better not whinge you get a damn good deal coming to new zealand.
    You should show some respect to the locals because your gain is our loss.
    Our country is now full. You come here take jobs, congest our roads and hike up the price of housing Alot of you don't even speak our language.
    I don't blame the immigrants, I'd want to come here too.
    I blame the dickhead who opened the floodgates.
    We are on the fast track to turning our country into the same shit holes these people are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    You lectured your opinion on the definition of opinion without revealing that you were speaking about the legal definition rather than he common English definition until the actual definition was posted, I'm unsure if you're trying to be smart or just arrogant.

I never mentioned that you denied the right to be stupid etc, it's stupid to imply that I did.

You should be offering your opinion on how to weigh others opinions, not argue about the definition of a word, I understand what you're trying to do and I somewhat agree with you but you could go about it in a better way, but that's just my opinion.
    Geeze Savage you've screwed my brain!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Any one got any popcorn left I've run out
    You want the bits I've got tucked in my ears? Hahahahaha well said! In my opinion, I could be wrong?
    northdude likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I am an immigrant

And hey, if you want to stop immigration, wait till all your kiwi brothers currently working over in Aus get sent back (fair is fair), and you have to compete with them... Then we will see who starts crying...

Just saying
    ebf yr whinging, and yr one we want?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowElliot View Post
    Our country is now full. You come here take jobs, congest our roads and hike up the price of housing Alot of you don't even speak our language.
    We are on the fast track to turning our country into the same shit holes these people are coming from.
    Can't agree with you I am afraid. Give me a foreigner that contributes to our country over a Kiwi with a sense of entitlement who is on the bludge any day.
    Pointer, gadgetman, ebf and 4 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Name:  IMG_4484.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  614.7 KB
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Congratulations, that's the stupidest thing I've read on this forum
    TheJanitar likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Can't agree with you I am afraid. Give me a foreigner that contributes to our country over a Kiwi with a sense of entitlement who is on the bludge any day.
    So would I, unfortunately we get both.
    We aren't trading one for other.
    My issue is with the population growth, not the individuals.
    I'd rather give the guy on the bludge a job than keep him on the dole and import someone for the job instead.

Sent from my SM-A500Y using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Congratulations, that's the stupidest thing I've read on this forum
    Care to explain why?

I am an immigrant

Just saying
    I thought only the laid back kiwis were going to Ozy to work! :-)
    ebf and shooternz like this.

ebf
    No...
    I'm not whinging, you guys are whinging about immigrants. We could have chosen to go to any one of several countries (Aus, Canada, NZ) under skilled migrant criteria - we CHOSE this country.
    Are you saying you are better than me, coz that is what this sounds like. Have you considered that my gain is actually NZ's gain as well ?
    You don't even know me. We came here, bought a house, have paid it off, and I started a business. We have made a point of not sticking to the clique of folks from my previous country, but rather gone out of our way to fit into NZ society and make kiwi friends (several on here).

Before tarring every immigrant with the same brush and making all sort of general statements, you might want to consider individual cases and being slightly more open-minded.

Kiwis are known around the world for being open-minded, fair, and welcoming. I find this anti-immigrant stance very weird, especially considering the fact that working all over the world is part of growing up as a kiwi...
    Tahr, Pointer, Beaker and 4 others like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute