Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Stolen firearms found

res
    It amazes me that people don't have there serial numbers recorded,as being able to pass this info onto police after a theft seems common sense.

I don't personally think there would be much "shopping list" thefts if there was full registration-surely the guns that would be targeted this way are the ones that are already registered??
    Using Tapatalk

Well, even if the gun are registered, that DOES NOT stop criminal from trying to steal them and make bad use of them!they don't care!
    All the registry would do is help return the guns to their owners and maybe,I insist on maybe link the gun theft to the criminal who use it.Again would be better if the security was beefed up and guns were not stolen in first place.

But from the moment your guns are registered, nothing stops the powers in place to take them off your hands.

Basically all you need to do is grind off all the markings to make it impossible to return, unless it is a distinctive firearm

As I said, a listof photos and serials kept safe, will help, however this should be kept "to yourself" and presented only when needed.

nothing personal savage ,but i had a similar incident a few years back when myFAL came up for renewal.because ive depression -they had to go to my GP-iwas only too happy to ok this -nothing to hide there.
    however i had a file made up with each individual weapons given photo .full description plus the unique i d mark i put on each of my weapons.I was bluntly told 'we dont want it."I politely pointed out how it could be of instant assistance in the event of a burglary ,or god help us all if they ever got a callout to my home(at least they'd have some inkling of what they could be up against).I was thanked for my kind offer ,particularly the second bit which the gent had never come across before, but policy was policy ,so we left it at that.
    working in mental health as i do I share your vivid frustrations re funding .another of lifes wee anomalies "hi guys the jobs getting more complicated by the second but you'llcope cause were gonna take a little more funding off you anyway"

We know funding is an issue, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss issues we find wrong with the police force between our selves on a forum. Does that do anything in the way of changing things, no. But do you REALLY believe that making a formal complaint to the police about the police does anything? Please....

Like what do you say in your complaint anyway? I called the police after a burglary and they didn't investigate, assuming it's even read they just throw it in the "nothing we can do about it because of funding" basket.

I feel that is a bit strong Jex

I do, however, see where you are coming from.