Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By screamO
  • 1 Post By Carpe Diem
  • 2 Post By Fawls

Thread: System working??

System working??

So long story short........A man I know acquired a firearm from an old fella that is on his death bed who was trying to tidy a few things up before moving on. The man rings me and tells me he has a new firearm and wanted me to have a play with it, so I shot around and had a wee dripple over it. I ask the man if he even had a FAL.......NO was the answer and his wife wasn't happy about having it in the house, so I saw a window of opportunity and ended up acquiring the said firearm (bargain) which I have now moved on.
    So this is all I thought I would every hear about the deal............Nope I was wrong. I get a phone call from the AO yesterday asking if I did actually end up with the firearm as she had been talking to the old fella about his firearm who had told her that he gave it to the said man. She looks into and realizes he doesn't hold a FAL and makes contact with him which is where my name came into it. She also advised me my FAL renewal had been approved and should be with me in about 2 weeks (been waiting since October).
    I was just happy to see that they were following up on these sorts of things.
    mikee, Maca49 and WallyR like this.

I know an AO that would have wanted it returned to him, say no more!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Nice for the AO to let you know how the renewal is going.

When dad died a couple of years ago the funeral director had on his forms "did the deceased have any firearms", he mentioned they're in regular contact with the Police over this.

The situation regarding Death Register in NZ is actually a absolute disgrace - Having worked in the personal data area the paperwork is often filled out either by the Funeral home, Hospice ,often without regard to actual home address of the deceased.

Quite often because of the filing rules of the DIA the last address of the deceased is filled in as the Hospice or Funeral home. That makes it almost impossible for DIA and in turn the Police to get cross referenced notification of a Deceased FAL holder and to follow up to enquire as to the whereabouts of the contents of the previous owners firearm safe.

It's potentially an opportunity for things to go awry, Best advice I can suggest is to include a FAL holder (with appropriate endorsements) in your will to act as an assistant to the executor of your will. That's what I've done to take the stress away from at what could be a difficult time for the family.
    Steve123 likes this.

After my old mans funereal I grabbed all his rifles for 'safe keeping' until things got sorted out. The diviy up happened then found out the two my brother got had being stolen .... Should of kept them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ejected
    I am just going to get buried with my guns in the casket which solves the whole problem.

That also means when I enter Valhalla to feast with 99 blond (female) virgins I will get full respect cos I am carring my weapons.

There is a good reason why those 99 blonds are still virgins... your guns could be of more use than you thought.
    Last edited by Fawls; 26-07-2016 at 06:37 PM.
    veitnamcam and WallyR like this.