Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Un safety habits taught at Gun City.

Quote Originally Posted by peril 787b View Post
    My problem there is THAT IT'S ILLEGAL TO CARRY A FIREARM IN A PUBLIC PLACE OR A VEHICLE WITH THE MAG AND/OR BOLT IN PLACE. Don't you know your firearm regulations?
    isn't the bush a public place?
    veitnamcam likes this.

My problem there is THAT IT'S ILLEGAL TO CARRY A FIREARM IN A PUBLIC PLACE OR A VEHICLE WITH THE MAG AND/OR BOLT IN PLACE. Don't you know your firearm regulations?
    Obviously not. Could you direct me to the part of the Arms Regulations that states this?
    veitnamcam likes this.

Name:  wrong.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  9.8 KB

ebf
    Peril, I suspect you are thinking of the section in the land transport act or regs that prohibits loaded firearms in vehicles, it is worded in a way that also includes loaded magazines even if they are not in the firearm.

Not aware of any part of the firearms act or regs that says you can not have a bolt or mag in a firearm in a public place or vehicle.

The arms code (a police document, not actual law) may have this as a safety recommendation, and several rifle ranges discourage members from arriving on the range with a firearm in that state.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

No wonder the staff gave you a confused look
    veitnamcam likes this.

Okay, I'm man enough to accept that I may be wrong in this situation, but I'll check into the regs. Still feels uncomfortable being handed a rifle with a closed bolt.
    Danny likes this.

Okay, I'm man enough to accept that I may be wrong in this situation, but I'll check into the regs. Still feels uncomfortable being handed a rifle with a closed bolt.
    Its all good as long as you have been shown it is not loaded.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    Danny likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Banned
    This is the problem with this place FFs why is this being talked about the actual problem has been and gone but its still being fucken wanked on about!!!!...............................instead of writing a big fucking wank rant on safety just take the whole problem into your own hands and end the problem there and then instead of filling this forum up with this waste of time bullshit.
    He pointed an unloaded rifle at you.................pretend you thought it was loaded grab barrel pull it past your head becuase you stated it was aiming at you r mellon then as his face is close enough fucken hit the cunt right in the kisser pull said rifle out of his hands take out bolt and ask to talk to the boss.the shop dosnt have a leg to stand on as you felt threatened with a potential loaded wepon they will say sorry job done.
    find other shit to winge about like.................................well I dint know because I dint winge much I have a wife shes dose it all for me.
    veitnamcam, ARdave, Happy and 2 others like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    This is the problem with this place FFs why is this being talked about the actual problem has been and gone but its still being fucken wanked on about!!!!...............................instead of writing a big fucking wank rant on safety just take the whole problem into your own hands and end the problem there and then instead of filling this forum up with this waste of time bullshit.
    He pointed an unloaded rifle at you.................pretend you thought it was loaded grab barrel pull it past your head becuase you stated it was aiming at you r mellon then as his face is close enough fucken hit the cunt right in the kisser pull said rifle out of his hands take out bolt and ask to talk to the boss.the shop dosnt have a leg to stand on as you felt threatened with a potential loaded wepon they will say sorry job done.
    find other shit to winge about like.................................well I dint know because I dint winge much I have a wife shes dose it all for me.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

That sounds like something someone who doesn't want to have a FAL very long would do tbh
    VIVA LA HOWA

Banned
    Some of the shit you post up toby is a bit rich TBO!!!.self defence buddy you can plead ignorance in saying he was pointing a loaded firearm at you!!!!! how were you to know it wasn't loaded,like I said stupid fucking prescious post at the very start.What is lacking is this forum isn't going to solve each mans problems yeah.....................solve them ya fucking self instead of piss whining on here looking for some love.

Bought your "Mates" with you Tonight N.S

I agree about the safety stuff on here but walking up to someone in a gun shop and punching them in the face sounds like a bad oh never mind go do and see where you end up
    VIVA LA HOWA

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I agree about the safety stuff on here but walking up to someone in a gun shop and punching them in the face sounds like a bad oh never mind go do and see where you end up
    well toby go and point a firearm at me and see what happens I agree whole hartedly to not point a firearm at someone.but in the real world the law looks at force vs force if you pull a knife but get smaked in the head with a fist whon is going to win in court???? if you point a high powerd fire arm at my head and I smak you in the chops who is going to walk out of court head held high??.

but in the real world the law looks at force vs force if you pull a knife but get smaked in the head with a fist whon is going to win in court????
    That's not how it works. Assault the next person who muzzles you at a gun store and see how it works out for you.
    ebf likes this.