Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Un safety habits taught at Gun City.

I'm new so I will be brief, unacceptable and I would have told them in terms that would have left them under no illusion, basic arms code violation poor or no muzzle discipline, a call from the local arms officer to remind them of their responsibilities is in order. That is all.

Going all the way back to the first post, I have one main comment to make. You do not need a bolt or magazine fitted to check eye relief. Whenever we are working on a rifle for what ever reason, the bolt and magazine (if possible) is removed. I understand them being displayed with them fitted. (Would you like to buy a rifle and find you were supplied the wrong bolt?) but there is no need for them to be fitted while working on them. You may need to test that the bolt clears the scope, and that it functions, but that is about it.

Second, ALWAYS point a firearm in a safe direction. That is not negotiable. And its simple.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    @stumpy, that was likely to be Chloe Tipple, one of the daughters of the owner/founder David Tipple.

I agree on 100% (minimum) professionalism in shops. They are often dealing with newbies and should be reinforcing the basics with their actions. At Gunworks there is now a sign outside the door asking you to unpack your firearms and check them before entering; obviously come across too many that weren't.
    Yeah Robbies an old soldier from the old school. He was taught right at WTD.

yes and the latter stages of his career (illustrious as he is)were spent in my old unit 2.CantNMWC which alas is now a part of 2/4 BTN battle group. robbie was also one of thje NZ armies premiere shooting coaches Im led to believe.

Just had this the other day. Guy handed me a Target rifle Remington 700. He opened bolt, shut it and then handed it over. Looks like things will never change