Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: When will trade me sellers learn

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Not having a go here but I would like to know where it is said it is illegal to sell reloaded ammunition. I know it is done and there is supposed to be a licence but no one seems to know where to get one. ERMA?
    You have a good point, Probably falls into the category of gunsmithing as I know gunsmiths such as arthur cleland used to manufacture ammo quite some time ago and ammo manufacturing used to be part of gunsmithing from the understanding of a friend of my family who I class as an uncle pointed out to me a few years back as he is a qualified gunsmith that operated out of Tauranga and is also a former firearms officer who is now retired. In saying that there are many different takes and opinions regarding this area. Probably a question to a local manufacturer such as Belmont could answer this question appropriately with it being such a grey area of the firearms laws/act.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

If I recall correctly there was a discussion held over not naming gunsmiths, good or bad, on this forum [makros ?]...the outcome was it was not to happen...I get really pissed off when people are named by someone hiding behind a computer screen with no real name showing, and that person has no chance of commenting on the situation...was it really necessary to name the reloader of the ammunition?
    7mmwsm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    I've had a look and can't find anything either, hence my surprise when Mr Mountain Safety Council gave me a good finger waving.
    page 26 arms code

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    page 26 arms code
    It just says to look at ERMA rules. Forgive me if I am wrong but I can't find much other than classifying what is a reload, can't see any laws about selling, gifting or firing rounds that were not loaded by the firer.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

R93
    page 26 arms code
    The arms code is not law but I am happy to be corrected on this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Good point Dave, Arms Act certainly is law. And again if you look at that page, it just redirects you to somewhere else anyway.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Good point Dave, Arms Act certainly is law. And again if you look at that page, it just redirects you to somewhere else anyway.
    And a quick search of the Arms Code proves no result surrounding any information on reloading.

so how come I can go to a dealer in chch and buy some shop loads?

Quote Originally Posted by scottrods View Post
    Yeah, exactly....

I'm not trying to undermine the point about safety here but I don't appreciate stuff like this that is preached by MSC but there is no law behind it? People just believe what some volunteer with a name badge says when they are handing out licences. Ticks me off.

Even if this is law, hidden deep within some random act (I doubt it), it shouldn't be so hard to find. You can't prosecute people over a law that is near impossible to access. I have found the online legislation really helpful for many subjects and I just can't seem to find anything about reloading!!

..."it is unlawful to load or reload ammunition to sell or give away to another person". Seems straight forward to me.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by scottrods View Post
    Exactly my point as well. The Kaiser sells or did sell reloads. He is anal and I doubt he would break any laws.

So Dougie you can be charged under the arms code as law? I did not think it was a written law that you could be charged with as it is a code. You were charged under the act?

I load ammo for a few people and have done for over 20yrs. I dont charge anything other than they buy dies and components required and they leave them with me. If they go elsewhere or have no use for me I keep the dies and components. Unlees they kick up a fuss and noone has yet.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

The arms code is not law but I am happy to be corrected on this.
    Then what the hell is it?...paper it is made of is too tough to wipe my arse with.

Exactly my point as well. The Kaiser sells or did sell reloads. He is anal and I doubt he would break any laws.

So Dougie you can be charged under the arms code as law? I did not think it was a written law that you could be charged with as it is a code. You were charged under the act?

I load ammo for a few people and have done for over 20yrs. I dont charge anything other than they buy dies and components required and they leave them with me. If they go elsewhere or have no use for me I keep the dies and components. Unlees they kick up a fuss and noone has yet.
    Sorry, shitty wording. I meant that the Arms Act is law, I believe you could be charged under the Arms Act? For example Section 16 Unlawfuly importing a firearm without permit (although that is probably a shit example, I'm not sure there really would be a situation where that would happen - it would most likely be charged as an offence under the Customs and Excise Act as I am sure you'd be 'smuggling' if you didn't have a permit)

Get what I mean now?

And I am a good girl, I have never been charged for anything btw!

Then what the hell is it?...paper it is made of is too tough to wipe my arse with.
    It's a code. Same as guidelines. Something to try to point you in the right direction. It is my understanding that you cannot be charged with not obiding to a code or guideline; it would be supported by an Act if it was a law.

So...you are quite happy to ignore the conditions of your firearms license on one point...how many other points are you happy to ignore?