Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Yet another shooting incident in the states

Personally I'm sick of hearing about the whole thing and just want to be left alone to have fun and shoot stuff with cool guns. I don't want to shoot people or talk about it.
    Spanners and Ryan like this.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Personally I'm sick of hearing about the whole thing and just want to be left alone to have fun and shoot stuff with cool guns. I don't want to shoot people or talk about it.
    Hear hear!
    My point exactly

Not contributing alternative opinion to the simplistic routine beatup, that happens every time this happens is a strategy you think is working?

I'm just sick of having the same argument over and over again every week with different people who have the same dumbass ideas

BUT PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO HAVE THOSE SCARY THINGS BECAUSE I JUST WANT A HUNTIN RAHFUL
    scaggly and Col.Whiplash like this.

deerhuntergatherer
    With the amount of guns in the U.S. more people die at the hands of doctors than firearms

As I've said before, AR's have been available on A cat for some time now, since they were first imported, but more recently in large numbers, I'm still yet to see an explosion in gun violence. Maybe it's because they are being bought up by people with a firearms license, and being used for hunting and target shooting?
    Scouser likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Hear hear!
    My point exactly
    Thought one of you may have pulled the political plug and pushed the leave it alone button by now. Where does this always lead to... NO where..
    Deja Vu from last weeks episode ?? Feels like ..

Seems to me,that with the world wide "beat up" by media and the negative light that they try to portray Gun owners and shooters in we should be hoping the NRA and pro gun lobbies in the States are successful in there resistance to the Obama admins proposed changes,because any changes or restrictions imposed there also have the potential to effect us down here.
    Yes we have a good system here in NZ but lets not kid ourselves that there's still a liberal left wing element in NZ that would love to see our laws even more tightened up,Phillip Alpers and co would be rubbing there hands together in glee at the thought of changes in the US mandated by the UN and would relish the though of implementing more of them here.Therefore i support the NRA in the states in resisting any proposed changes World wide its a slippery slope.Besides they wouldn't make one iota of difference apart from restricting and persecuting legit gun owners the crims will still have as much fire-power as they have always had....look at the gun crime in Aussie if you want examples of that .Below is a link to ponder ,Its not just ARs that are in there sights its clearly all guns.
    Philip Alpers demonises legal firearms

It was reportedly gang related, likely using an illegal .25ACP Jennings pocket gun piece of shit or similar, and has dropped out of the US news cycle already

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Meanwhile my pro gun news feed has 888 stories of little old ladies shooting home invaders and such.

Given we live in a country where if you come home and find your door kicked in the police will not come around, even if your not sure if they intruders have left, maybe we should be getting concealed carry instead of gun restriction.

The above happened to my mother in law twice.

If concealed carry saves JUST ONE LIFE is it not worth it?
    Absolutely 100% plus one to that.

It would certainly make the mobs of pre pubesent boys(and girls) think twice about beating the shit out someone for fun and the change in his wallet.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    hanse likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

deerhuntergatherer
    Just saw the clip on the news , straight away you can see the ape with the hand gun has had no formal firearm or military training , hence no deaths

I'm yet to hear a compelling argument against CCW. Everything I hear is cry baby emotional shit.
    hanse likes this.

How about

-Most people couldn't hit the side of a barn with a pistol in an aggressive situation
    -Wouldn't pepperspray be better as it can be used in more situations?
    -You would open up a shit load of pistols to be carried in the public bringing about the oppurtunity for them to fall into the wrong hands.
    -People will have them used against themselves.
    -Situations will escalate out of control very quickly, a bar fight could easily turn into a shooting.
    -We would end up in a mess like America.

All so people might be able to use one in the extremely rare situation that deadly force is needed

All of the people I have met that want to conceal carry just want to to make themselves feel better and wouldn't even bother carrying pepperspray if they could, says a lot to me.

I would fight tooth and nail to stop CCW, and I have a much better idea than most about the dangers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    How about

-Most people couldn't hit the side of a barn with a pistol in an aggressive situation
    -Wouldn't pepperspray be better as it can be used in more situations?
    -You would open up a shit load of pistols to be carried in the public bringing about the oppurtunity for them to fall into the wrong hands.
    -People will have them used against themselves.
    -Situations will escalate out of control very quickly, a bar fight could easily turn into a shooting.
    -We would end up in a mess like America.

All so people might be able to use one in the extremely rare situation that deadly force is needed

All of the people I have met that want to conceal carry just want to to make themselves feel better and wouldn't even bother carrying pepperspray if they could, says a lot to me.

I would fight tooth and nail to stop CCW, and I have a much better idea than most about the dangers out there.
    Again emotive shit. You assume that the people that would CCW wouldn't get training, I believe CCW covers everything; knives, torches, tasers, mace, guns etc