Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 12g adapters

12g adapters

Anyone used these or know where to get one? I was looking at the 12g>9mm or 12g>.44 but have not been able to find where to buy them over here. Just wanna spice up the little single shot i bought. Cheers
    Shoot guns, Not heroin!

They were selling on trade me a while back. Not sure if they are still selling them

I have a set of 20-28ga adapters from these guys.

GaugeMate Home
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Likewise have a set of 12 to 16ga adapters from GaugeMate, but now have 3 16ga's. Great guys to deal with nothing was a problem.

yes,gaugemates are excellent to deal with.i was reading an article by tom rooster in the latest shooting sportsman magazine,he answers a question about gauge reducers which forum members might be interested in. a reader asked whether using a gauge reducer in an old gun,protected it more from the pressure of modern powders.his reply was that reducers like the gaugemates didn't because of the design,they have a longitudinal slot in them. but the solid machined ones(such as were advertised on trademe) did. although these have a couple of issues which gaugemates don't. further, tom rooster reminded the reader by going down a gauge you increase the pressures the barrel is subject to.

Thanks for all the answers guys! I checked out that site and found exactly what i was looking for! rifled aswell!! Cheers lads
    Shoot guns, Not heroin!

Which did you get? I've been looking at these lately too.
    Thanks to the Playstation we have the outdoors to ourselves!

I have one in 45 acp. I use it in a beater 1948 h&R Topper. Its ok out to 50 yards or so.i mainly got it because I get so much free brass and have several thousand 45's already loaded up.Did'nt want to buy another pistol just yet.They sell for 50 bucks,free shipping here.

Rifled Shotgun Adapter 12 Gauge to 9mm Luger - Gunadapters.com

They also sell the cheesy unrifled ones on ebay

I am selling a set of Gaugemate .410 adapters with my Grandsons shotgun in the for sale page. He has had a great time using them & learning shotgun skills.