Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Peteforskeet

Thread: Benelli 828U

Benelli 828U

Anyone heard anything about the Benelli double barrels? Look great so far!!!

Yeah, first impressions are that it has some very innovative features, using the shim system to get gun fit might be good for some. It's very light so it would be a great 'carry all day' pheasant gun for the hills. At the moment it only comes in 26 and 28 inch barrel so that makes it a bit shorter than what I like, being taller I shoot a 32 inch but even a 30 inch option would be good for a field gun for me. Just my personal view.

Any in the country yet? Watched a couple of video's on it automatic safety will take some getting used too

Yes early next year I believe. Yes shim system looks wicked, I cannot wait! Yeah the only thing is the automatic safety but that can be sorted no doubt

Anyone got an update for this thread? From what I've read the gun gets good reviews, but I do wonder about the motivation of such reviews.

I tried one at a shoot. Fit was ok. Very light. Would not want to shoot more than 100 bird day or multiple days.
    To me I prefer my Browning.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

A friend has one, we shot universal trench (2 days) a few months ago and he never complained about recoil using v1. It's his go to shotgun but I think he prefers his hulgu sxs to be honest

Peter
    Must be the ugliest gun on the market?
    So for a 100 yrs plus they have been building under over shotguns to a pattern that works,
    Then benelli comes along and reinvents the wheel, making the gun lighter, and more complicated than it needs to be, which will lead to reliability issues down the track.
    That arrangement at the breech when you open the gun, what on earth is that about?
    I see a lot of shooters and there guns in my travels, no one is useing them at the gun clubs, they have been on the market in nz for 5 yrs or more,
    I did meet one older guy useing one when they first came out, talking to him at the same shoot a yr later and he had got rid of it, and had nothing nice to say about it,
    schwen likes this.