Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Gunshops upper north island with good shotgun selections

Gunshops upper north island with good shotgun selections

I am looking at getting my first shotgun and I want to go try one out in hand before purchasing to see how it fits. Any stores in upper north island specializing in shotguns? I would like to get a side by side or an over under that can shoot steel shot, prefer interchangeable chokes, and fits into a pretty tight budget. So probably a baikal or yildiz or something similar.
    Also recommendations are welcome.

I have dealt with the guys at Reloaders supplies in Onehunga and they were great. Is that far enough north for you? ( I live in the mid point of the other island so its well north for me....)

There is a Hunting and Fleecing in most major towns north of Auckland if you are that far north, many advertise on T/M so you can get some idea of what's available and where.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    There is a Hunting and Fleecing in most major towns north of Auckland if you are that far north, many advertise on T/M so you can get some idea of what's available and where.
    I think he specified "any stores in upper north island specializing in shotguns". From my experience at the honey and fleecing, there is not enough variety of shotguns apart from they may have a couple......Unless you strike them on the day the shotgun fella is there, odds are on the counter jockey will know more abut back country cuisine and socks....
    madjon_, Steve123 and Jexla like this.

I was pointed to a shotgun "expert" at hunting and thieving one day "erp, derp, dis one made in Italian, but dis one made in murica" was about as much as he could offer.

I didn't stay long...

Reloaders is prob your best bet.
    timattalon likes this.

Righto, Reloaders were going to be my goto anyways. Guess I will be making a trip to Auckland!

If you are travelling any distance to Reloaders ring them first to see what is in stock or available, as their web page doesn't seem to show much in the shop in the configuration your keen on, good shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    If you are travelling any distance to Reloaders ring them first to see what is in stock or available, as their web page doesn't seem to show much in the shop in the configuration your keen on, good shopping.
    I am in Hamilton, so not a particularly long way to go. Besides, I can trawl through a few of the gun shops in Auckland if I go up there for a saturday morning.

Guypie Have you tried out any of the local clay grounds around Hamilton. Put a small advert up. You could then at lest try at the clay ground

I literally live 400 metres away from reloaders and can tell you that there are ALOT more shotguns in store than portrayed online.
    petronious_arbiter likes this.

Reloaders are probaby not going to have much in your budget.

Have you tried guntraders in hamilton? From memory they tend to play around in the lower end of the price spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Guypie Have you tried out any of the local clay grounds around Hamilton. Put a small advert up. You could then at lest try at the clay ground
    Just emailed the local club, they have a shoot next weekend will probably go to that. Might have a look into guntraders, budget is flexible. I can save up if I find something juuuuust right. Just means I wont be buying quite so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Reloaders are probaby not going to have much in your budget.

Have you tried guntraders in hamilton? From memory they tend to play around in the lower end of the price spectrum.
    Hahaha just realised his original post said the word budget. Nice guns in reloaders but in all honesty it is far from the cheapest. No my favourite gun shop but definitely my closest.

Gun city has the largest collection of second hand shotguns in Auckland. Well worth a look even if it is just to see what fits you and comes up nice.

They even have bargains sometimes.