Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Maca49
  • 1 Post By Spudattack
  • 3 Post By Pointer
  • 3 Post By Maca49

Thread: Holland and Holland

Holland and Holland

Hi all - my uncle has in his possession a Holland and Holland 12 gauge SXS from my grandfathers estate that it seems the family wants to sell. I have not seen this shotgun as yet (and have no images) but my question is can anyone recommend a shotgun guru/smith who can advise/help with a valuation and perhaps some reconditioning work?

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers!

I am not sure who is qualified here in NZ , but beware of all the guys who might assure you that they can get a good price for you, some might see an opportunity to make a good chunk of money as well.

If it was mine and in Very good working condition, I would maybe take it in to the USA and get it sold through rock island auctions or something like that. I believe the Americans are still the one spending the most money on guns.
    You can jump on their website and see for how much things went for in the past.

Rob Dollimore Lake Tarawera, Rotorua,mpm me i have some good contacts I'll share.
    Pointer and tetawa like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

http://www.rockislandauction.com/fli...it.html?page=0

The gentleman Maca mentioned might " the guy" for that kind of gun.

Nah, they are nothing but trouble, I will give you a grand just to take it off your hands.......😇

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk
    Maca49 likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Dollimore is the man. He is Purdey trained so may turn his nose up at a lowly H&H Don't forget to post pics on here though...
    Hendrik470, Maca49 and Beaker like this.

Will do once I have some.

I heard a little story about a Purdy man given a very nice shotgun to look at, he snapped it shut and whipped it up to his shoulder, only to find he had trapped his beard in the action, thoughts were WTF do they teach you at Purdy
    Pointer, Scouser and Uplander like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

It's value will be best retained if sent back to H&H for any work, but can take a few years, the value would be dependant on a number of things, not just the name.
    You should be able to get the history of it from them for a modest fee.

One that comes to mind is Lindsay Duncan from shooters world gore? He has helped me on a shotgun before with work like as mentioned but I'd ring just to ask as at the least he will do what he can.
    Rob Dollimore came to mind straight away funnily enough!

Holland and Holland made many grades of guns from high end to every day guns. Identification will help you with your decisions
    Boom, cough,cough,cough