Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Magazine Extensions

Has anyone mounted a torch on a mag extension?

Dont really see any problem with it since im using a barrel clamp, but just wondering if anyone foresees issues?

Oh and ive used some rubber (bicycle tube) between the clamp and barrel to prevent scratching. However, since thats what i use for firestarting im starting to wonder if that was a good idea. Has anyone else done something similar?

res
    I have mounted a torch like that, no issues whatsoever.

As to the tube, I fitted a length of bike tube over a saiga 12 barrel just in front of the gas block and clamped a rail over it to mount a eotech. Ten years and probably 50 cases of ammo latter it has not budged or had any other issue. I dryed the area well before fitting the tube, I used a 700x23c road bike tube so that it was a extra tight fit to keep moisture out.
    Using Tapatalk

Great thanks. Started to picture my barrel going up in flames, hah.

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    I have mounted a torch like that, no issues whatsoever.

As to the tube, I fitted a length of bike tube over a saiga 12 barrel just in front of the gas block and clamped a rail over it to mount a eotech. Ten years and probably 50 cases of ammo latter it has not budged or had any other issue. I dryed the area well before fitting the tube, I used a 700x23c road bike tube so that it was a extra tight fit to keep moisture out.