Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Shot gun 3gun

Shot gun 3gun

So is there anyone in nz that does comp work on shot guns?

Specifically versamax for 3 gun type shooting....
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

R93
    Don't know of anyone myself but what are you wanting done B?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

get ahold of reese at serious shooters in auckland he knows of someone

Don't really like the feeding. ie carrier is to short (and that's the comp one as well as the factory one), having the factory one extended local now and I'll see how that works
    Other thing may be to open up the feed port. Maybe play with the spring tension(can do this my self - ie I have a pair of side cutters! ). Smooth/lighten up the trigger,

So just a general going over really.

Really happy with how it shoots and feels, its just the loading that I think could be better - plus my technique....
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

R93
    I am buying one that has this:

Is this what you mean?
    Buying off a forum member. I will ask where he got it if you want. Or he can chime in.
    I am also slow with my loading but am trialing a method where I can load 2 at a time on my benelli.
    Speed depends on getting a few things right which I need serious practice in😆

Beaker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post

Is this what you mean?
    Buying off a forum member. I will ask where he got it if you want. Or he can chime in.
    I am also slow with my loading but am trialing a method where I can load 2 at a time on my benelli.
    Speed depends on getting a few things right which I need serious practice in��

You can get a speed loader .. type of half plastic tube holds four rounds, so you can load four rounds in a second. Will get some info and post here, looks bloody impresseive load.. drop tube ..grab next.. load.. drop.. go 8 rounds 3-4 secs and away you go again.
    Nil durum volenti !!

R93
    I think those loaders put you in a class that I do not intend to shoot.

Beaker likes this.

here ya go
    Tubular Magazine Speed Loader - Gun Hub

bugger!! sorry just saw your post above.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Speed loader like that is for open

Lengthened and welded lifter above was sourced from a popular versa max modifier in US. Port was smoothed by hand and can/needs to be done deeper and more aggressive. Forearm on Versamax also needs back filling and linished to allow better flow of the hand when quad or load 2 loading. Polish shell stop and bend a tiny bit. Polish inside of mag tube etc. Lots of other small things can help. Practice and familiarity of handling and loading under pressure is the best bang for buck.
    Beaker likes this.

While we're talking about 3-gun shotguns, where in NZ can I get a new lifter for my M2 that won't rip my thumbnail off? & an extended bolt release

Yip thats the one.
    I got the remington comp carrier aswell, and its still not long enough, so having a local guy weld/extend the normal one and i'll try the no.8 wire approach first up for the carrier.

I'm a bit nervous about doing the port myself, but i'll get over that and give it a go - whats the worst that can happen

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post

Is this what you mean?
    Speed depends on getting a few things right which I need serious practice in��

Thanks for all that. A good list to do.

Tried getting one of those lifters from the states, but he wouldnt export. Could try and get it via drop ship etc..... But went in the to hard basket. If my no8 wire job doesnt work, i'll try a bit harder

Quote Originally Posted by 40bung View Post
    Speed loader like that is for open

Lengthened and welded lifter above was sourced from a popular versa max modifier in US. Port was smoothed by hand and can/needs to be done deeper and more aggressive. Forearm on Versamax also needs back filling and linished to allow better flow of the hand when quad or load 2 loading. Polish shell stop and bend a tiny bit. Polish inside of mag tube etc. Lots of other small things can help. Practice and familiarity of handling and loading under pressure is the best bang for buck.

Oh and practice on loading....
    mikee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    I'm a bit nervous about doing the port myself, but i'll get over that and give it a go - whats the worst that can happen
    I know a couple of guys that changed their expensive shotguns into expensive paper weights. Most guys do the work themselves with a dremel and file, there are a few how to videos. I wanted it to look better so I had someone mill it.

Name:  TaranButler4Load(1).jpg
Views: 6254
Size:  587.4 KBName:  Benelli Hamish.JPG
Views: 3427
Size:  405.1 KBName:  IMG_0002_zpsdbf27981.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  162.7 KBName:  Taran.jpg
Views: 3131
Size:  49.1 KB

Obviously the recent Taran Tactical modded shotguns have a much deeper cut than mine. My bolt was lightened;purely to see if it could be done, I'm not good enough with a shotgun to notice the difference in cycling speed. The bolt was also modded to allow out of battery loading. Although he didn't do mine Andy W. is I think doing mods as a business (Ballistix?). You'll also note the load port opening on the latest TT shotgun is asymmetric.
    Beaker likes this.

res
    Darren Keen had lifters a while back, could be worth ringing him
    Using Tapatalk