Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Some of my Combat Shotguns

Some of my Combat Shotguns

Oh where too start.....

The top is my Remington 870 Express Magnum. That shotgun rode six years as my patrol car's trunk gun. Been on plenty of calls and even gotten some face time. Mr. Dirtbag decided to play stupid so he got a shotgun barrel in the face. His eyes became bigger than the diameter or the barrel. This shotgun has been through think and thin. A ton of hurricanes, traveled across the US, and been on some crazy police adventures. Never getting rid of her.

Next is my Norinco 982 Hawk. A ChiCom 870 Clone. I paid a total of $220 for it. Got it on a Independence Day sale. My previous experience with Norinco made products left a sour taste in my mouth. But surprisingly, this one works well. It's the beater shotugn for my personal vehicle when I want a shotgun instead of a rifle.

Following her is my favorite automatic.... my FN SLP. She's a beast and also has served trunk duty as a patrol shotgun for work when I did uniform patrol. Fast handling and amazing craftsmanship. She shoots as fast as you pull the trigger.

Then you have my Winchester 1300 Defener Speed Pump. A quality shotgun that sadly Winchester stopped making. Love shooting her. Light, handy, and much better than a Mossberg in my opinion.

Then my rare piece. A Browning BPS Home Defender. This are Miroku made BPS Shotguns. But for the US, foreign mad shotguns cannot be imported with a mag capacity of over 5 rounds. These somehow made it past BATFE and US Customs. Not many were brought in and even less were sold since Browning really never sold for the tactical market. It is like smooth silk for a no frills pump shotgun. Well made and amazing light for a steel receiver.

Now the goofy odd ball. My Gen 2 Kel-Tec KSG. Fourteen round in both mag tubes and kicks like a mule. Tiny, compact, and lightweight. It sure a hell makes for an offensive shotgun. Since this photo was taken, a light and Magpul VFG have been added. I have to say, my 115lbs wife loves to shoot it but it pushes her around.
    199p, gadgetman, tetawa and 7 others like this.
    Signature removed because some people are intolerant of me being American.

Only time ive used a pump was shooting wallabies, a mate bought one along as well as a rifle. Shotty with 2s for close in runners, then drop it and get the rifle ready for a long shot. No safety issues compared to a semi. They seem to be really popular in the US, mostly o/u and semis here.
    Steve123 likes this.

I've got an old school wood stock 1300 defender with rifle sights. Only fired one box of shells through it but I'd never sell it.

I never would have picked the BPS as being a serious use gun. I've read that you can't field strip them or it will screw up the action timing?

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I've got an old school wood stock 1300 defender with rifle sights. Only fired one box of shells through it but I'd never sell it.

I never would have picked the BPS as being a serious use gun. I've read that you can't field strip them or it will screw up the action timing?
    BPS are fine. The BLR rifle is a pain.

Don't own a shotgun yet, but I'd always liked the 1300 defender that I got to use with a mate. Will buy the next decent example I see for sale at a sane price. Wodd or synthetic is the question?

Interesting. I have a Norinco 870 clone as well and after getting a little feeding issue sorted it has worked flawlessly and points really well for me (long barrel game bird barrel). It cost me about the same as yours new with the exchange rate taken into account. I also have the real McCoy Rem 870.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Don't own a shotgun yet, but I'd always liked the 1300 defender that I got to use with a mate. Will buy the next decent example I see for sale at a sane price. Wodd or synthetic is the question?
    If you are going to hunt waterfowl with it then no question get the synthetic.
    Beaker, Tommy and A330driver like this.

Ejected
    I have two of the same shotguns. The Norinco 870 like gadget and the Winchester 1300.

Never really liked my 1300 Defender. Found the slide release to small, and then an action bar broke under 500 rds. Wasn't impressed.

Much prefer the 870. Was fortunate enough to get given a Wilson Tactical by the boss. Very nice, but unfortunately no improvement in the patterning.

Would love to get my 870 barrel worked by Vang Comp.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    If you are going to hunt waterfowl with it then no question get the synthetic.
    Yup.... I grew up duck hunting Central Florida's water ways. Used a Remington 870 20ga youth as a kid and now a Benelli Nova 12ga. Polymer stock is the way to go.

The Defender is one of my favourite shotguns for birdscaring...7 - 9s...one vineyard I worked in was bordered by a deep creek gully... if I got the shots right, I could scare the birds nearly all the way up the gully with the echo...!!! I would have discharged over three thousand rounds plus through it so far...and not a hiccup!!!
    Beaker likes this.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshogi View Post
    Never really liked my 1300 Defender. Found the slide release to small, and then an action bar broke under 500 rds. Wasn't impressed.

Much prefer the 870. Was fortunate enough to get given a Wilson Tactical by the boss. Very nice, but unfortunately no improvement in the patterning.

Would love to get my 870 barrel worked by Vang Comp.
    I broke the action bar on mine as well. One tig job later it's still going. I still like it and shot hundreds of gooses with it while my cursed Beretta was disfunctional. I brought the made in turkey successor model (SPX) as my new backup shotgun but haven't shot any gooses with it as my new Beretta isn't as disfunctional as the old one. The SPX isn't nearly as smooth as the 1300 but I am not sure if thats cos the 1300 shot millions of rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    I broke the action bar on mine as well. One tig job later it's still going. I still like it and shot hundreds of gooses with it while my cursed Beretta was disfunctional. I brought the made in turkey successor model (SPX) as my new backup shotgun but haven't shot any gooses with it as my new Beretta isn't as disfunctional as the old one. The SPX isn't nearly as smooth as the 1300 but I am not sure if thats cos the 1300 shot millions of rounds.
    massive youd be wanting to get that dandy wee bottom bugger in the mans photo.just nose the barrells through the blind flaps honk gooses in and then play rock'n'roll 12g style.
    c,mon massive behind those glasses lay nerves of titanium,and a goose seeker extrordinaire.
    course if you were to spice it up a tad ,a camo g string or bare ass would add to the effect!
    Ps -thought youd been very bloody quiet on the gooses front,worried me for a while thought you might have become a card carrying twig&tweet entity.
    actually might be time for one of those notorious w/es at you no whose eh what.

You own that many shotguns and there's no Benelli in there?!!!'
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    massive youd be wanting to get that dandy wee bottom bugger in the mans photo.just nose the barrells through the blind flaps honk gooses in and then play rock'n'roll 12g style.
    c,mon massive behind those glasses lay nerves of titanium,and a goose seeker extrordinaire.
    course if you were to spice it up a tad ,a camo g string or bare ass would add to the effect!
    Ps -thought youd been very bloody quiet on the gooses front,worried me for a while thought you might have become a card carrying twig&tweet entity.
    actually might be time for one of those notorious w/es at you no whose eh what.
    I'm keeping my eye on a flock of them for him.... I know where there was 3 flocks of 100+ birds a few months ago. Crazy watching the sky go dark and all i had was the 17hmr