Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Versamax - any good?

Versamax - any good?

Hi all
    Santa didnt bring a new shotgun so am looking at a Remington Versamax which I have on trial. I have tried it once and seems okay, we were using low power skeet loads on pigeons and it failed to load twice, which could be due to being new and a little tight. I am keen to know about reliability on duck shooting etc. Any views appreciated.
    Happy new year
    Ruger7mm

I have one and it eats everything I feed it, from 28g 7.5's to slugs...
    There are some old posts on here and many others have also had very good experience with them.
    If its new, maybe a strip down & clean may not go a miss.
    Grant

res
    mine eats anything,and very low maintenance. I'm not sure if there is anything else on the autoloader market I would swap it for even though there are more expensive guns out there
    Using Tapatalk

Mine eats all. Really soft to shoot, comes up on shoulder really good for me, only one mod done to it and thats the carrier - welded a bit more metal into it to stop it trying to rip my thumb off, and very well done by a guy in our club.
    (versamax tactical)

Never had a issue with any loads.

I would suggest a good cleaning, followed by shooting it lots and not cleaning......
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Copy of the Benelli M2 so can't go wrong, at 3 gun guys called them a Renelli

Quote Originally Posted by specweapon View Post
    Copy of the Benelli M2 so can't go wrong, at 3 gun guys called them a Renelli
    Are you sure about that? The Remington's are gas operated the Benelli's are inertia operated.....

Why not buy a Benelli M2 I've just picked up a new one for under 2K retailer price matched a competitors price, which is really close to the price of a Versamax.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Mine eats all. Really soft to shoot, comes up on shoulder really good for me, only one mod done to it and thats the carrier - welded a bit more metal into it to stop it trying to rip my thumb off, and very well done by a guy in our club.
    (versamax tactical)

Never had a issue with any loads.

I would suggest a good cleaning, followed by shooting it lots and not cleaning......
    Mine eats my thumb😆
    That lifter is in the post on its way to you mate.

I like my tactical version. I only have a 3/4 choke but had no trouble dusting some clays at normal ranges when we had a play on the weekend.

Haven't shot all that many rounds thru it and have had one minor stoppage with it. Since it has had a good clean it has been sweet.
    Soft shooting gun with heavy loads.
    I would buy one for a field gun no worries.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Lol,
    Good as. The man is tee'd up to weld it. I'll get him to do the same as mine, but you will have to trim it to fit yours. Took me about 15mins with the dremal to get it sorted.

Going to sort some clays soon'ish, to have a crack at. I'm, from past experiance, not very good....... But i enjoy it - and i like the blue crayons to

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Mine eats my thumb��
    That lifter is in the post on its way to you mate.

I like my tactical version. I only have a 3/4 choke but had no trouble dusting some clays at normal ranges when we had a play on the weekend.

Haven't shot all that many rounds thru it and have had one minor stoppage with it. Since it has had a good clean it has been sweet.
    Soft shooting gun with heavy loads.
    I would buy one for a field gun no worries.

Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

R93
    Yup I have a dremal. Sounds good man. I appreciate it.
    Ya lost me with the blue crayons😆
    Let me know what he wants for the job. Cash or whatever.
    Cheers.

Beaker likes this.

northdude
    mines good as well was a little bit funny to start with maybe because it was new but after a few rounds its fine
    Beaker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Yup I have a dremal. Sounds good man. I appreciate it.
    Ya lost me with the blue crayons��
    Let me know what he wants for the job. Cash or whatever.
    Cheers.

Crayons, meaning i'm a bit of a idiot ......

He didnt mention a price, i'll ask him what he wants. Big thing is timing, he likes to stack up a few small jobs, so could be a while. If it looks like that, i can send you a spare carrier(thumb ripping monster....) if you want

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    mines good as well was a little bit funny to start with maybe because it was new but after a few rounds its fine
    When i got mine, the barrel had small issue, and under warranty a new one was ordered, but i could keep on shooting with the first one while waiting (3 months?). The new one arrived and fitted, and had a few issues for maybe 10-12 rounds, and no issues since

Nice to shoot, from 2.5in 3 gun loads, to slugs.

R93
    All good, no hurry at all. I have one in the gun and one gimp gave me off his Smelly Benelli.

I really like my Versamax Tactical and got it straight from the agent. However within the first 10 shots, I busted the operating handle which flew 6 feet away from me. So sent it straight back to the agent and had it fixed and some other work was done for free (changed the lifter and reduced the spring in the magazine). Right now it flies through different types of ammo. It can and will chew through 8 different types of shells in the tube.