Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Time to submit against tail docking and dew claw removal ban (they never give in )

Quote Originally Posted by kawhia View Post
    for the others including cooking a cray alive, court case and fines.
    or shooting seals with shotguns ooh they were rugby players
    This is not about child welfare, it is about canine welfare...I have witnessed dogs such as depicted in this foto...
    kennel clubs for quite a while now

some would say canine welfare has never been the guiding light of kennel clubs for quite a while now.
    they are at least a bussiness or at the very least subject to the business of dog selling.
    Ruff, EeeBees and Munsey like this.

Sadly yes. Their main income is from dog showing, so they are essentially funded by the very people ruining dog breeds. It's a shame they could not simply just be a user funded registry, nothing more
    Ruff likes this.

There main source of income is a registry, and the Fees tacked on show entry's, dog agility (which is the biggest) or gundog trials.
    Trials and dog shows have been in decline for many years hence the price increases in registrations and talk of them registering mongrels.
    Nzkc grew into a money sucking monster years ago, they are fighting to keep the income coming in from a declining membership and losing even more support now from this bullshit.

I believe the time is not too far away when a totally new system could come into play. The NZGTA is under attack from some seemingly selfish individuals and may struggle to weather the storm. They certainly require our support. While I do not see it happening, in my perfect world we would have a working gundog registry established with no connection to any other disciplines which may well allow some breeds, almost lost to the hunting world, to return to the field with competency.
    Wirehunt likes this.
    It is difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person! It is near impossible with a stupid person!
    Rebelwood Gundog Training

Hence why we had the chance to go with the JGHV system and took it.

There is no reason the NZGTA could not function without paying NZKC or bowing down to them, plenty of computer software that can store pedigrees and the rules are already in place for all trials and the relationship with the English trials world is pretty solid for support.
    The only way NZGTA can survive is to cease and start again, amazing how 3 people and a lawyer can destroy a 100 years worth.
    EeeBees and GSP like this.

I don't think the NZGTA will go under, I expect we will all get lumped with a 'Teresa tax' (you heard that here first folks, (c) pointer 2016 haha)

And let's face it if it does go under, something new will rise from the ashes. There's too many dog triallists out there
    EeeBees likes this.

There is no reason the NZGTA could not function without paying NZKC or bowing down to them, plenty of computer software that can store pedigrees and the rules are already in place for all trials and the relationship with the English trials world is pretty solid for support.
    The only way NZGTA can survive is to cease and start again, amazing how 3 people and a lawyer can destroy a 100 years worth.
    Not often you have my full agreement. You got it this time!
    It is difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person! It is near impossible with a stupid person!

if the nzgta could come up with a way of suborting some of the agility crew or geting more support with a less stringent kind of agility/hunting related type test while still employing pedigree standards.
    these tests could lead to serious trialing or just be a indicator of ability in a still pedigree dog in a less stringent and competition focussed environment.

in truth it was the the agility people that put pressure on nzkc to repel the support for tail docking....nzkc listen to the biggest payers.

and checked my inbox just now and an email from Eugenie, it's official they have ran out of money and are calling for donations to support the legal costs and we have a new Teresa tax(c)2016
    ...........levys gone from $2 to $5.
    Pointer likes this.

So the Teresa Tax is official? Should send her the bill. Thanks for stuffing it for everyone.
    Ruff and GSP like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    if the nzgta could come up with a way of suborting some of the agility crew or geting more support with a less stringent kind of agility/hunting related type test while still employing pedigree standards.
    these tests could lead to serious trialing or just be a indicator of ability in a still pedigree dog in a less stringent and competition focussed environment.
    That would, I believe, be the final death cough!

in truth it was the the agility people that put pressure on nzkc to repel the support for tail docking....nzkc listen to the biggest payers.

and checked my inbox just now and an email from Eugenie, it's official they have ran out of money and are calling for donations to support the legal costs and we have a new Teresa tax(c)2016
    ...........levys gone from $2 to $5.
    Yep had that myself a couple of days ago.

So who has dropped the NZGTA Exec an email offering them your support in the face of this lot of rubbish? Or better yet, dropped a few notes into their bank account?

Because Lawyers don't work for free while the additional income is generated through increased Trials levies.

I'm sure your comments and generosity would be gratefully received and greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by gqhoon; 17-06-2016 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gqhoon View Post
    So who has dropped the NZGTA Exec an email offering them your support in the face of this lot of rubbish? Or better yet, dropped a few notes into their bank account?

Because Lawyers don't work for free while the additional income is generated through increased Trials levies.

I'm sure your comments and generosity would be gratefully received and greatly appreciated!
    Quite right. My support has been offered fully and directly with both the President and Secretary. Dollars I do not have enough for myself, but when I enter a dog in trial my contribution will be increased. It'd be nice to be able to do more, and I am sure many will.

I have! I got furtive phone calls in the night from @Liesel to do so
    Ruff likes this.