Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: too close matings

You're dead right tussock, that's why people breed less closely today in livestock than ever before. The maths allows us to not go drastically close. Pick up a cattle breeding book from the 30s, very different approach to today.

Quote Originally Posted by kawhia View Post

i gave up trying to understand half your ramblings along time ago.
    i posted the question in the right section of the forum, and was after the the answers i got from people who had the info i needed.
    it's really not worth clogging the thread up with shit that can cause a pissing contest.
    I consider his posts like the NZHS equivalent of click bait. One fact per twelve pages, sensationalist and appealing to people who don't know better.

Don't worry though, we know he's just here for a rise. He's currently patting his deformed bulldog as we speak, saving up for when it starts to fall apart at 6.

Why are you the only one upset here then? Facts are facts. All the other participants seem to accept that selective breeding is integral to all forms of agriculture and horticulture.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Given you knew what you wanted and who you wanted it from you could have avoided clogging up the forum. Its a public forum, there are only a few people who get all bent out of shape if anyone says anything thy don't agree with.

There are a tiny number of people this interests, you hardly need to use a public forum if you know who they are and you won't tolerate discussion by anyone else.
    i will repeat myself, i posted it in the right place.......subject was pretty well answered in full, including a bit more conversation which was all pretty civil.

topic and thread counts according to the stats on the home page does indicate the dog section is not used by a tiny percentage of the membership by the way.

Red face

I'm the result of an out cross, and I'm not too bright. Not sure what that tells us?

Where there is no management of breeding, and natural selection prevails, in breeding to a certain degree is a natural consequence. On the farm that you are working on Tussock, father and daughter cattle could be fucking right now while you compose your next response. Dirty bastards.
    Last edited by Tahr; 13-10-2016 at 02:30 PM.

A lot of people find it disturbing. That is my answer to "to close matings"]
    wheres ruff when you need him??
    to explain the futility of subjecting animals to human morality
    what i meant by lazy or greedy kawhia is taking shortcuts to cash in or not going to a better relative,. for want of a better word to breed from.
    for instanse usuing a unPROVEN BUT REASONABLE,LY COMPETENT relly of Aupouris WAG instead of a trial and hill proven son.
    cos it was handier and less hassle TO GET THE WAG BRED BITCH TO THE WAG BRED HALF SON.RATHER THAN THE FULL LINE BRED ONE.

Tussock's Avatar Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I'm the result of an out cross, and I'm not too bright. Not sure what that tells us.
    That you are not being entirely honest with us? Although I will buy the bit about being an out cross.
    GISEN THE LEGALITYS OF IT BIENG OTHERWISE WE ARE ALL OUTCROSSES
    Pointer likes this.

Some more outcrossed than others

I personally enjoy reading the posts from dogmen who have done their homework and give salient facts...the history of our canine breeds fascinates me...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    Some more outcrossed than others

I personally enjoy reading the posts from dogmen who have done their homework and give salient facts...the history of our canine breeds fascinates me...
    I apologise @EeeBees for that naughty word I used. I went back to change it down a grade to "shagging", but it was too late.
    EeeBees and Pengy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    what i meant by lazy or greedy kawhia is taking shortcuts to cash in or not going to a better relative,. for want of a better word to breed from.
    :
    It is not being neither in this instance, at least for my own kennel it is more a matter of time, I can wait until the option to use a diluted offspring and get the same COI as it would be more PC or double up on the dam and get more of the same.
    We have both unrelated and closely related dogs we can use regardless, however options are limited by time as under the system these are bred bitches are limited to so many litters and a cut off age and stud dogs are off the can use list after a certain age as well.
    The best source of reference we have is the performance bred dogs, pointers and setters, greyhounds and even game bred pit bulls and of course tussocks own American bull dogs, likewise the working stock dogs are a handy source of reference including the outcrossing to other breeds.
    gsp follower likes this.

I can honestly say your dog is as inbred as it's English counterpart.
    I am sure even you can work out the math on how many dogs have come to this country vrs how long they have been here.
    You can count them all on two hands and now divide that by 30 years, having no papers means very little as this breed has been playing kissing cousins for decades........and they do fall to bits faster if you try using them for what they were designed for.
    Pointer likes this.

But your dog came about from exactly the same weird practices, to think otherwise is just silly, it's well documented, you only have to look with both eyes open and not get too hung up on breed standards, dog registries or kennel clubs.
    At one stage the breed was almost extinct.....them southern boys wrote the book on incest and not just with the dawgs.
    Pointer and EeeBees like this.