Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: working dog certification

working dog certification

how many different certification systems are there for the different working dog breeds ?someone hahaha called me ignorant because I didn't know the system that they use in the UK which I took to be like the German system --fact is still dont -anybody is there one ?
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

GSP
    The European breeds are termed HPR in UK. They would have their own tests, and there are of course field trials for all groups of the gundog breeds, as well as a gundog working certificate which on gaining changes the show champion title to (full) champion. You'd have to look it up on internet to see how it all works.

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    how many different certification systems are there for the different working dog breeds ?someone hahaha called me ignorant because I didn't know the system that they use in the UK which I took to be like the German system --fact is still dont -anybody is there one ?
    Thats because you are ignorant. Please end that thread on the other forum, I feel embarrassed for you when I read it.

All I hope is that people reading this aren't put off entering dog trials by your waffle.
    gqhoon likes this.

really -I am pro letters behind a name they appear to be not .I am surprised at that Pointer and you thinking speaking in support of that is some how embarrassing .Still I do not not know what English test there are that Kawhia talks off -do you -unless he is talking European . .
    Last edited by el borracho; 24-02-2013 at 09:49 PM.

really -I am pro letters behind a name they appear to be not .I am surprised at that Pointer and you thinking speaking in support of that is some how embarrassing
    I can never tell when you are serious or not, you are prone to a wind up as we all are. You are also prone to asking questions you know the answer to which makes you appear insincere. But I wouldn't know a single breeder who would base their breeding program around titles. It may work in the show ring, breeding show champ to show champ, but if it worked in hunting dogs we would all have great dogs. Sadly it isn't so

correct me if wrong as I dont know it all or even to profess to LOL but I would have though most breeders of duel purpose guns dogs meaning those that are used in the field and trial ground would most certainly take very seriously those letters as they show a dog for the skill it has -certainly on the trial field but one hopes they see them working also . I never mind standing alone on a point I believe in --sometime I do get carried away though hahah -Its ridiculous sometimes the arguments we have but I cannot put up with people knocking what they have never achieved in or are willing to have a shot at and it happens far to often .I always back myself -good bad or ugly but will never just talk about it

Now the test I was asking about -please do tell me if there is an English equivalent or is it mainly the domain of the Europeans ? Norwary and so on

I would have though most breeders of duel purpose guns dogs meaning those that are used in the field and trial ground would most certainly take very seriously those letters as they show a dog for the skill it has
    You obviously place too much faith in our trialling system...

As for the tests, buggered if I know

*edit* by the way, when people use the term dual purpose in gundogs they usually refer to show/work
    EeeBees and HF1 like this.

The UK does have a working test system.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

I guess it has changes much over the years with less of certain breeds -we are small to be sure but still produce good dogs -My view still is at least on mass we can see dogs work on an equal footing over several trials be it live game or pigeon .
    There are many other good dogs being breed out there without a doubt but its very hard to see them --no matter if you get a dog from a trial home or another breeder it is a little bit of a lucky dip but at least with some letters you know the dog has some good traits -the alternative is believing what someone tells you and working from there --my first dog which wasn't a bad dog was out of the trade and exchange .

Yeah Fucked if I know what other testing systems there are for the UK if any

I guess it has changes much over the years with less of certain breeds -we are small to be sure but still produce good dogs
    In comparison to...?

ElB if you ever get a chance to, attend a couple of trials in Australia...
    Pointer likes this.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

in comparison to the only dogs that turn up to be compared -the rest is hearsay and I cannot comment on them but most appear to be better than anything else in town
    you know what -at least the ones that dont come anywhere are there to be measured and can talk of their experiences with a comparison that actually happened for all to see --some dont give a toss about it and thats ok but its just a harder task beilieving if they got a great dog or something terrible seen through rose tinted goggles as we 'ALL"probably have at some stage

Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    ElB if you ever get a chance to, attend a couple of trials in Australia...
    I would love to -flat beautiful ground with stubble -I think it would be fun !!!

in comparison to the only dogs that turn up to be compared
    So you are are only as good as the dog you beat?

If I beat a dog consistently Ill be better than him in my view but the ones I don't beat because they never came to compete I will will never know about unless by urban legend --some of them may well kick my arse but I will never know unless we hunt together or trial together -the truth is I will never give them a thought because I never knew them which is a bummer!!